fifty-one

" Good news boys. Melody can go home."

Niall and Liam look at Charlotte with huge smiles on their faces. They were so excited to bring Melody home.

" Are you sure?" Niall asks.

" Yep. She's all good. She will come in every month for her appropriate shots, but for now she's doing great." Charlotte says.

" Thank you so much. We appreciate all the work you've done to help Melody." Liam says.

" Of course. She's a real sweetheart." Charlotte says. Niall looks at Liam.

" Go get the buggy and we'll wait here until you come back." Niall says. Liam pecks Niall's lips.

" Will do." Liam says. Liam walks out of Melody's room and to the car. He gets in and starts the car. He drives back home.

Once home, he parks the car in their driveway. He stops the car and walks into the house. He looks at the spot where the buggy was supposed to be. Liam looked around the mud room confused.

" DJ or Brendon, where's Melody's buggy?" Liam calls out. He walks to the living room and sees that it is empty.

" Is anyone home?" Liam calls out. Brendon walks downstairs and Liam notices that his clothes were messier than usual. Liam narrows his eyes, but didn't address the issue. He needed Melody's buggy.

" Sorry, I was taking a nap. What's happening?" Brendon says.

" Melody's buggy is missing from the garage door. Where is it?" Liam says.

" That's where I saw it last." Brendon says.

" Maybe it's in her room." Liam says. He starts making his way to the stairs. Brendon quickly blocks his way.

" Uh, I'll look for it up there." Brendon says with nervousness in his voice. Liam gives him a weird look.

" Alright." Liam says. Brendon quickly runs up the stairs. Liam continues to give him a strange look. He shakes his head and then walks to the front door to look for her buggy. Liam still has no luck to where Melody's buggy was.

Brendon walks downstairs with the buggy. He walks to Liam and hands it to him.

" It was in her room for some odd reason. So, does this mean she's coming home?" Brendon says.

" Yeah, she's finally coming home." Liam says with a smile. Brendon starts pushing Liam to the garage door.

" Then go get her and bring her home!" Brendon says.

" What's the rush?" Liam asks.

" Just want my sister home! And don't come back unless she's here!" Brendon says. Liam moves out of Brendon's grip.

" Brendon, this is my house. I can come and go as I please. Now if you're hiding something from me and dad, you'll be-"

" Nope! Not hiding anything! Just excited about my sister coming home! Now go get her!" Brendon says. He pushes Liam out of the house and closes the door. Liam rolls his eyes. He walks to the car and places Melody's buggy in the car. He gets in himself and starts the car. He drives back to the hospital.

Back at the hospital, Liam parks the car. He grabs Melody's buggy and walks into the hospital. He walks back to Melody's room and found Niall holding her in his arms.

" Is Melody okay?" Liam asks, setting the buggy down next to Niall. Niall smiles at him.

" Yeah. She was just getting fussy." Niall says. He starts to put Melody in her buggy. He hooks her up. Once Melody was hooked up safely in her buggy, Niall picked it up. He looked at Liam.