98 | payback, part i

1) JERICHO VS OWENS

   Yes! Yes! Yes! I honestly don't have too much to say about this match except for that I'm super happy that Jericho won + is heading to Smack Down Live Bay Bay!

   When don't Owens / Jericho bring it? Kevin Owens can 'job' to Jericho and not be 'buried' because we know Kevin is a force of nature + everyone's just so into these two.

   NO ONE REALLY LOSES. 

IT'S A WIN WIN SITUATION!

   GRADE: 8 / 10 -- there wasn't any crazy spots, owen's cannon balls are always a thing of beauty, chris jericho is canada's national treasure, and over all, I was entertained. 

2) NEVILLE VS AUSTIN ARIES.

   Austin Aries is freaky talented. Most of you might already know that, but I can't help but to be amazed every time he's in the ring.

  Back when I used to watch TNA, I only watched for AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and ... yeah. I rarely paid much attention to anyone else, so wasn't too familiar with Austin's work. 

   When he first came to the WWE, I remember thinking he was over rated until he stepped in a ring and I understood why people love / praise him too much. 

   That ending where Austin hit a frankensteiner, ( I think that's what the move is called) on Neville from the top rope and then transitioned that into the Muta Lock, holy fucking shit.

   'TWAS SMOOTH AS BUTTER,

MEANING, 

 = PERFECTION! 

   Also, Neville never disappoints. Normally I'd look at him because his move set demands for attention, but now it's his over the top heel gimmick that draws me to stare at him ... and those abs ... but mostly the way he interacts with the fans / camera. 

   That ending where Neville savagely pulls the referee to get disqualified was genius. I would have been happy to see Aries win, but now I'm happier that they're continuing this feud. 

   Neville acting so agressively but also showing brains gives me a William Regal vibe and I'm loving it.

GRADE: 10/10.

3)  THE HARDYZ VS SHEAMUS + CESARO

   Right off the bat, this match surprised my initial expectations. I wasn't too excited as I didn't feel the chemistry between both teams, but boy was I wrong.

   RANDOM NOTES:

   - Cesaro was on extra fire tonight! That one bit where he leg dropped Jeff Hardy (Graves even pointed out that the Swiss Man's rear end was over the top rope when he jumped up). 

  - The way Sheamus + Cesaro spot / catched Jeff was amazing. They absorb high flying moves so well that Sasha + Nia need to take notes. I swear, it was the most frustrating thing on earth to see Charlotte hit amazing moon sault after another only for Sasha / Nia to be miles away and almost make Charlotte eat all of the mat.

- Jeff Hardy giving that kid a glow stick (or whatever it was) was really cool. My heart always melts when I see Superstar's interacting with the younger audience because you know that means the world to a kid.

- I'd kill to see the Hardyz vs #DIY. 

- Sheamus hitting Matt Hardy with White Noise from the top rope was damn because first of all, strength, and then trust from Matt's part. I'll never get tired of saying that that big Irish Fella is heavily underrated as a wrestler. 

   - I wish that it was Matt who got the pin fall victory since it's always been about Jeff, but I understand why. 

   It's rumored that Jeff / Matt will be split into single's  careers and I'm not mad. I want Jeff to go for the title picture, as I want Matt to get into that Broken Matt Hardy character. Even without the Broken Matt gimmick, for once he is more over his brother and it's nice.

   I'm still waiting for Sheamus + Cesaro to turn heel, *SCRATCH THAT* AS I WAS WRITING THIS CESARO AND SHEAMUS WENT HEEL. I LOVE THAT IT WAS MATT THAT TOOK MOST OF THE DAMAGE, IS THAT THE BEGINNING TO BROKEN DOWN MATT HARDY??

GRADE: 10 / 10 , VERY VERY HAPPY WITH THE OUTCOME!

4) BAYLEY VS ALEXA BLISS

If you're a fan of Corey Taylor, then you'll understand why I say that I can never look at Bayley's inflatable men the same way again.

Alexa Bliss and Bayley have more than impressed me tonight. I was skeptical about this match because I didn't think Bayley or Alexa had the ability to carry a match. Alexa's championship matches were very under whelming (at least to me). 

   I love Alexa Bliss when she's cutting promo's, but in the ring she's still got a long way to go. From time to time she impresses me, but while she was Smack Down's Women's Champ, the only good thing about her Championship Defending matches is when Noami took her title.

   Sorry not sorry.

   As for Bayley, I feel like if she's not facing off against a heel Sasha, something about her falls short. I feel like it's more of a personality thing, solely because Bayley's arsenal is my favorite. 

   I do think she needs a more impactful finisher, but in all those matches she had against Banks, Bayley would always bring out some crazy cool, well-executed moves.

   All of that said, I was feeling both competitors tonight. Alexa was in character, her movement was less slow. For once, I didn't find myself cringing at the spots in which you can clearly tell Alexa's thinking too much, because she didn't have them in this match.

   I have to say, as I type this I give Bliss the upper hand. She's aware of the crowd, interacting with them, interacting with the ref, talking smack to Bayley, working that camera, etc.

    Bayley tonight was more than just a nice girl, and her moves were also on par. 

   I FELT the rage behind this match, which is more than both had made me feel prior to this match. 

   RANDOM NOTES:

 - Alexa needs to work on her selling. Literally no sells or taks a bump before hands reach her.

   That sunset flips needs to be brought up more often, although it was nice/ special to see it again.

- Bayley's knee strike was a thing of fucking beauty. Did my jaw hit the ground? Hell yeah!

  - Bayley's stamina, holy fuck this woman does not get winded down! Just when I think she's a little tired she starts moving faster. Ex) Her rolling out of Alexa's double knees to then hit that knee strike.

   ** NOT SURPRISED that Alexa won. For starters, it was Bayley's home town and we know how that always ends (exception for Naomi only cause it was looong over due). 

   That and, it's 100% clear that they're pushing Alexa. 

   GRADE: 9 / 10 , VERY IMPRESSED.

5) BRAY WYATT vs RANDY

I am typing these as the matches go, and as I've just started watching this match ... I'm going to say this:

   Bray not winning is like Undertaker losing at WM (before the streak ended). It's like Taker + Kane getting buried alive (has happened, but not during their first ever). It's like either losing their first ever Hell in a Cell.

   (I'm going to cut it here to enjoy the rest of the match ... or hate it). I'll be breaking this into parts. 

   As always, do give me your thoughts! What are you thinking thus far? 

What's been your favorite match? 

Any random thought you'd like to point out?