01 | paige

JUNE 2017 UPDATE: IF YOU'RE READING THIS, THEN YES, I AM RE-PUBLISHING OLD CHAPTERS. MAN I AM CRINGING HARD AT SOME OF THESE, BUT LET'S HAVE A GOOD LAUGH ALL TOGETHER, OKAY?

Requested by kylieraeging

SUBJECT: PAIGE

Okay, here's how we're going to do it to give this some remote structure. I'll break it into personality, wrestling ability, experience, social media, etc.

1) PERSONALITY

I'm a massive fan of Paige and her personality is something I adore about her. With that being said, I can see how her British humor can get her in trouble sometime. If you guys aren't aware, there's a rumor that Paige has backstage heat for a cursing a fan out on some facebook chat thing. I've linked you guys to the video, take a look at it yourself.

There's two sides that I see to this:

A) Are they really punishing her for cursing? The more I say it out loud, the more childish it sounds. These are ADULTS who are speaking to teenagers that most of the time have no idea what impact their words have on others. I don't blame her for telling that person to go fuck himself too BUT

B) She should know better. I get it, she's young but I strictly believe that as long as you're still on the clock for work, you should remain professional. As a matter of fact, with her status she should try to remain as professional and level-headed as possible. You know how many times Punk probably wanted to go off air and curse Vince the fuck out? He did, but that was only after he wasn't a part of the WWE anymore. (Go watch that epic Colt Cabana podcast if you haven't.) His pipebomb was approved, so that's a diff. situation.

There are many who have said fame has changed Paige, and although I adore her,I can't help but to sometimes agree. I think she can be too honest at times and even sticks her foot in her mouth at times, especially as of lately. She seems very arrogant as of lately and holds herself in a higher regard.

I'm not hating, I'm just stating as I see.

2) WRESTLING

Paige is in serious urge of new moves. Not saying she can't do them, rather she needs be let free and bring back stuff from her matches in Shimmer. She can do more than clotheslines, etc.

With that being said, her kicks, clotheslines, and knees have been so sloppy as of lately that I seriously want her to be sent back to NXT because 

3) GIMMICK

The biggest reason why I think I sometimes feel a disconnect from Paige and her delivery is because of her gimmick. Here's a girl who's been heel, babyface back and forth in a period of short times. One day she's heel and the next hour she's baby face.

 This must be so confusing and makes it impossible for her to grasp onto one enough to sell it as good as she can/has.Back to NXT. Now that Charlotte + Sasha + Becky have been sent to the main roster, I hope they are all given equal opportunities. Paige would benefit going back to NXT because like Emma, she can improve her character that's been ruined in the main roster. Emma's nailed her heel persona in NXT, and that's because they haven't changed it back and forth. She's had time to get used to it and sell it brilliantly. Paige NEEDS to either go down to NXT to do that OR have creative realize what / who the ANTI Diva really is.

If Paige's roles wasn't changed so often, she'd really resemble Seth Rollins. Her character is naturally quite bratty and selfish, only sticking out for herself. Seth's killing it as a heel and if Paige would be given consistency, she could too. When she's full throttle heel, she stands out from the crowd with her unique look.