17 | encourage your favorites

I'd normally post this on my story titled " Us " which is a book where I intended to put my writing tips, but this is a message I want to be heard by a large audience and to be completely honest, this is the book in which I get the most feedback + ideas exchanged between my followers amongst each other.

So without further ado, let me get to the point.

ENCOURAGE YOUR WRITERS
- - -

Lately I've come across so many great fanfics with a lack of response and that is upsetting because as a writer, I know how critical each vote and comment can be. It's true, the views aren't really what matter, but when you get ZERO feedback, it does.

These stories I come across don't have any comments or a small amount of views because they "suck." 

Sometimes the number of followers comes into play, but that's not always the case.

+

To tie this in with a relation to the "WWE" and "WWE Fanfic" I feel like there's this instilled fear within the WWE fandom of Wattpad that has so many dedicated readers how always vote and read but don't leave their input, especially when it's asked for xD

Guys, don't be scared to comment.

Personally, I always leave a question at the end of my chapters and to be honest, I'm lucky if I get 2-5 answers for it. I've noticed this to be a trend with a lot of my close friends / strangers too.

By leaving your input, you help the writer.

You motivate the person to update.

+

You don't have to leave a world changing comment either (unless you really want to lol). Sometimes it's the simplest of comments that help, like answering what your favorite part was.

Here are a few examples of questions that can really, really help your favorite writers stay motivated / non-doubtful of their works.

# 1 ) My favorite part was __________

( I bloody love it when people let me know what their favorite part was because that lets you know what it is people liked the most. Was it the comedic or dark tone you used? Was it a specific interaction with a character? Leaving that simple comment lets the writer know what should re-appear more often in a story )

# 2 ) I loved how said character did said thing because it shows " "

( All writer's want validation that they're making their characters grow )

# 3 ) Why did so & so do this?

( Clarifying things always reminds the author of what they're doing, which in turns helps them prevent writer's blocks / writing chapters they might regret )

# 4 ) Disagreeing

( Disagreeing with the actions of a specific character / mind you stated in a tasteful manner is ALWAYS one of the best things you can let your author know because that challenges the person to reinforce said character's behavior or maybe even think about it for the better )

# 5 ) Next chapter I want to see more of " " or this " "

( Just the simple reason that you put "next" chapter should really put a smile on the author's face because this implies that you're sticking around/excited for the next chapter.

# 6 ) Talk about the writing.

( Gosh some people here on Watty are so beautifully poetic with their words and transitions. LET THEM KNOW!! 

- Character growth,
- The way a character handled something
- How a character can right their wrong

- - -

The " I love this " 
The " This is fucking perfect"
The " omfg best story ever "
The " seth & paige are goals "

and those type of comments are always welcomed, but sometimes they really don't help at all and just cause more harm than good.

I swear, there's days when I see so many repetitive comments that I just shut my computer down + walk away.

Be creative in your responses. Don't go off what said person said even if it sounds "smart." Be YOU, if you feel it write it and let that person know because when it comes to WWE Fanfics, there's only SO much you can do with a story before it becomes a parody of itself.

If you're gonna opt for any of those four type of comments, it's alright, just elaborate a little more.

It's not to say that you can't leave comments that say something like " YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS " because lol, I'm guilt of it as well, but every now and then, make sure to leave something a little more thoughtful xD

Help your writer's learn because you're their foundation.

x o , v i o l e t .