08 | cm punk

Requested by LunaticFringeGirlJ

SUBJECT: THE BEST IN THE WORLD

---

Oh Jebus, where do I even start?

CM Punk is by far my favorite wrestler/ human being to ever come into the WWE.

For a while, no one captivated me as much as Edge did, till a long dark haired dude with loads of tattoos and under eye bags came in and not only stole my heart, but proved everyone up while he stuck his middle finger up at 'em.

1) IMAGE

CM Punk is probably, along with Daniel Bryan one of the only men in the WWE to have ever broken the classic mold of a champion. When Punk first came into the WWE, he wasn't super built. Over the years his body changed to more muscular, but he was still small compared to most guys.

I like that he didn't look like your average wrestler, or average person for that matter.

His tattoos don't make sense to anyone but himself, which is also cool cause you should always get a tattoo FOR YOURSELF, regardless of what people might think about it. That's ink going on to your skin, permanent one. So if you're getting tatted up, make sure it's FOR YOU.

I thought long haired Punk was pretty good lookin, and then he went through that bald phase and I was like hey, that's not too bad. Then his hair grew out a bit and I was like *heart eyes*

2) WRESTLING

We all know what Punk did in the WWE ring, but please, if you haven't please treat yourself to his Indy matches that are on YouTube.

Go watch CM Punk vs Samoa Joe

CM Punk vs Colt Cabana

CM Punk vs Chris Hero

I beg you to please watch these matches and tell me that he isn't one tough son of a bitch.

CM Punk's matches in the Indy's are a thing of beauty. For starters, he was much more lean in his Indy days, and it was scary at times seeing all the shit he took. I honestly can't watch those matches without thinking he'll break in half but his bones are strong AF.

While Punk was always a solid performer, I don't think his full potential came towards the end around 12-13' when he started using so many transitions like neck locks into DDT's. Ugh, I swear, he's the reason I'm obsessed with transitions. He'd do them so skillfully and fluidly that you could take a picture at any second and get a good shot.

To me, Punk was probably one of the smartest in-ring wrestlers in that company. From the way he successfully landed to the way that he never tried to out power any one (common sense) he always brought a unique offenses and his kicks, specifically his round house kick was always spot on.

2) GIMMICK

Punk's gimmick started out as "Straight-Edge" and then went to some weird, yet entertaining angle when he was "Jesus Punk" but, after 2008, he was just a raging badass.

Punk's personality of never backing off, never being told what to do, and drumming to his own beat is everything the Anti-Diva should be *cough cough*