Baby Shower

Chapter 29

Tremaine

1 week later...

Chantelle has been very shaken up about what happened between her and Jay last week. I've been woken up countless times in the middle of the night to comfor her and stop her from crying. Jay has been arrested and i keep telling Chantelle that she is safe now and has nothing to worry about but she still doesnt believe me. I just wish i never got called to the studio that night, it probably wouldnt have happened if i was there. Chantelle wont tell anyone about it but i dont blame her. Today was our baby shower for Aaliyah. All of our family and friends have been flown out to celebrate it with us. I just really hope that this takes Chantelle's mind of of things for a while. All of her worrying will put to much stress on the baby and that isnt good. Im just trying my best to calm her down. Chantelle and I were in the bedroom getting our outfits ready for the baby shower.

Chantelle: " Im not going." She said sighing and plopping on the bed. I turned around and laid beside her.

Tremaine: " Yes you are. It's your baby shower, you cant not go"

Chantelle: " I cant find anything to wear, and plus my scars are showing."

Tremaine: " No they aren't, they are halfway dissapered."

Chantelle: "But i feel fat "

Tremaine: " Stop making excuses and get dressed"

I got off the bed and walked into the closet. I picked out some black jeans and a grey t-shirt with black leather pockets. I paired it with some black sneakers and a snapback. I put on my clothes and walked out of the closet. When i got back Chantelle was still on the bed in her nightgown.

Tremaine: " Are you serious? We have to go Chantelle, put on your clothes."

Chantelle: " Ugh i hate you"

She said as she got up and went to the closet. When she got up i slapped her ass. She quickly turned around and i smiled at her. She just rolled her eyes and walked away. I laughed and then started spraying some cologne. After about 20 mins Chantelle came out of the closet. She was wearing a black floor-length maxi dress with a gold chain and her hair up in a tight bun.

Tremaine: " See you look fine"

I said walking over to her and kissing her cheek. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed her lips against my lips roughly and very passionatly. When she  pulled away i looked at her confused.

Chantelle: " Just a little something for the road." She said winking. " Okay lets go. We're late."

She picked up her purse and walked out the door. I followed behind her and locked the door. We jumped in the car and started driving to the baby shower. Crystal is the host of the shower and was already there setting stuff up with my mom, grandma and Chris. Knowing her, she's probably not even halfway finished. Crystal decided to host it at one of her favourite restaurants. She rented out the whole place so that it was only us.We finally got there and i jogged around to the other side of the car to let Chantelle out. She hopped out and waddeled into the venue. I tossed the keys to the valet and walked behind her. When we got in there , the place was filled with pink and white balloons and streamers. There was a table set up with all of the gifts for the baby, and a few other tables for eating. When Chantelle and I walked into the room, everyone jumped up and greeted us with hugs, kisses, and congratulations. Some of the people that were here i havent seen in years. It was great to re-connect with them. I walked over to my mom and grandma and kissed them on the cheek and talked to them for a while. Crystal was running around making sure everything was perfect and Chris was just laughing at how crazy she looked.  I noticed Chantelle talking to two ladies that i have never seen before so i decided to go over there and introduce myself. I walked up behind Chantelle and put my arm around her.