Care...

Riley P.O.V

Telling friends  you have a murderous disease that kills about 7 million people a year isn't the easiest.

When I told everyone about my unfortunate occurrence they didn't believe me at first. They didn't want to. We cry of course but there's still no way to get rid of the thing that's physically killing me.

I can still do things on my own but I'm getting weaker. My hair is loosing texture and thickness, my skin is loosing color. Bones loosing density. Me loosing life. But I'm holding on quite well I think.

Farkle has stuck to my side like glue. I want to appreciate it. But I'm mad, I'm mad that I'm dying and I can't do the things I've dreamed of. Or that I won't go  to college because I'm obviously not gonna make it. Or that pretty soon I'm not gonna be able to stand on my own. But it's not holding me back right now. I want to ride a bike I want to go run a mile. I want to live.

Farkle is almost like a caregiver to me right now and it makes me want to explode. Because all it is doing is reminding me that I'm terribly tired and sad.

I want to appreciate him for being there for me but right now I feel shitfaced.

Farkle sits next to me at the bay window. I sit crossed legged. I feel sticky and I most definitely feel shitty.

"I'm gonna take a shower."  I tell Farkle.

"You want me to help you get in?" He asks.

"No I'm fine. You know you don't have to act like I'm on my deathbed right? I'm not quite there yet."

"Riley-" he starts.

"No seriously, you don't have to take care of me Farkle really..I'm doing fine right now."

"Right now.. can't you see that your health is declining. Riley all I want to do is help you and take care of you. Your my priority right now-"

"But I shouldn't be, it's not your job to take care of me I'm capable of doing that myself and the doctors.."

"Riley-"

"No I can do this I'm doing fine Farkle! I don't want anybody to take care of me. That just proves the obvious to me and what I can't get out of my head. I'm about to die." I feel tears streaming down my face.

He gets up and wraps his arms around me.

"Riles it's alright. Your gonna be fine. I want to help you because I love you. I want to care for you because I can't lose you. "

He kisses me on the forehead.

"I'm sorry that I yelled at you. I'm just a little on edge. I feel awful about it." I say.

"Hey it's alright." He lifts my chin up and kisses me softly.

I nod my head even though it's not.

I can't shut people out. Not right now. I just need to breathe.

I kiss him again and then I head for shower.

And I breathe all the way there.

                          Maya P.O.V