Leaving?...

Riley P.O.V

After I get home I hear a knock on my window.

I open it up and Maya steps in. "Have you heard the news yet?" She asks as she walks over and sits on my bed.

"What's news?" I say.

"Lucas cheated on me." She says its like its the most normal thing.

"Wait what?! How are you sure? How did you find out?"I exclaim.

"After cheer practice on Friday I was coming out of the locker rooms and saw him and Missy kissing." She says. She has no emotion. I know it pains her more than anything to say those words.

"Maya! That was two days ago! How come you didn't tell me!" I say.

"My fathers back" she whispers softly.

"What? What did he do! Are you alright?" I say.

"I'm fine , I spent all Saturday with him." She says.

"How did it go?" I eye her suspiciously.

"It went... Really well actually. He actually took up photography as a profession, his photographs are amazing Riley! He gave me some to paint!" She says.

"Wow." I say.

"I know! " she exclaims.

"He's changed for the better."

"What about Shawn?" I ask.

"What do you mean? My father isn't marrying my mother again, she doesn't even know that I was hanging out with him! She despises him.. My mother still loves Shawn, not that much will change."

"That's great." I say.

She calms down for a moment.

"What about Lucas?" I finally ask.

"I don't know about him, we're done." She says simply.

"What do you mean "done" have you talked to him at all since the incident." I say.

"I can't" she says sheepishly looking down out her hands.

"Why?" I ask.

"I just- I can't ... I don't want too, I'll get hurt..." She looks up at me and then I notice how tired she looks. She looks like she hadn't gotten  any sleep.

"I think you should talk to him.." I say.

"That's what they all say, you .. Farkle.. My mother.. And even my father." She says.

"Why are you all on his side, I'm the one who got cheated on!" She says throwing her arms in the air.

"I know peaches" I say as I pat her back.

"I'm tired.. Can I sleep here for the night?" She asks.

"Of course" I say.

*********

Maya P.O.V

Me and Riley stay up for a little while talking more about my father.

But we soon start to drift to sleep, her first surprisingly.

"My father has changed, I haven't said anything to anybody... But I want to go with him to Greece... I think I've made my decision, goodnight Riley."

I suck in a breath hoping that she was asleep through all that I had said.

I hear her let out a light snore.

I turn and face her.

I'll miss her when I'm in Greece.