Perspective...

Lucas P.O.V

The whole Farkle situation puts things in perspective for me.

I need to stay.

I creep into his room and look at him. He's bruised so badly I wonder how Riley taking it.

He has a concussion and a cracked rib and many bruises from the belt that his father hit him with.

I watch him lay in bed and I hear his phone start ringing.

"Father" reads the caller id.

He ignores it but he calls again.

He breaks down, he quickly grabs the phone and throws it against the wall.

He groans in pain and puts his head in his hands and his shoulders start shaking.

I realize that he is crying.

"It's ok buddy" I say

I know he can't hear me but he stops crying and looks up at the ceiling.

"Mom if your listening I'm sorry it went this far, I know you wanted me to run away with you but I was weak I figured maybe he was being hostile because of you and when you left and got in that car accident it was to late to runaway you were gone. I'm so sorry".

A small tear runs down his face before he wipes it off.

He takes a deep breath and before I know it he falls asleep.

I slowly drift back to my own room.

                  ***********

Once I step in my room I see the blonde beauty there.

She's holding a pill bottle in her hand and the other hand is grasping mine.

"Sometimes I can't even see myself when I'm with you, I can only see you so what's the point of me being here if I can't even see myself" she says.

"You know it only takes a couple of these to see you if you go" she whispers.

No, she can't possibly do this  I think. Please don't do this, please.

It comes rushing back but something keeps blocking it.

I start forming her name.

Ma-

May-

Then it goes black.