They....

Riley P.O.V

As I walk to the subway station to go to school I see Maya isn't there and Farkle.

Maya probably is still recovering from Lucas but I wonder why Farkle isn't here.

I start to panic but I slowly realize his father shouldn't be home till next week and he could just be sick.

I go through the day slowly and I'm happy to get back on the subway to get home.

Once I get home I fall on the couch its not till my mother comes home from work when the setting changed.

"So Riley" my mom says in a sweetly calm tone making everything seem alright.

"How was school today"? She asks. "It was good" I say.

"Great" she says in a sugary tone. "How was cheer practice"? "Oh it good" I answer.

"Great" she says again.

"So how have the last few days at Farkles house been" she asks.

"Oh it was great" I say before even knowing the words coming out of my mouth. I cover my mouth.

"Riley"! She says, "why would you stay there, is something going on"? "Did you do anything"?

"There is nothing going on mom,and how did you know"? I say.

"Well, when Maya's mom came rushing in late for work I told her it was no big deal and thanks for letting you stay over" she says "she had no clue what I was talking about,she said you hadn't been there at all".

She gives me a disappointed look.

"I have a really good reason mom,please" I say.

"What is it"? She says. "I can't tell you" I say.

She looks pained, "Riley what ever it is you can tell me, we tell each other everything right"? She says.

"Mom you say love is bigger than anything right" I ask her.

"Yes" she says.

"Well then I can't tell you mom" I say.

She looks even more pained. "Go to your room you're grounded"! She says.

I go to my room and lay on my bed, till a notification pops up on my phone.

I look at it and it says someone dm me.

I open it up and it looks anonymous.

"You dirty slut" it says, I suck in a breath at the ugly words.

I see more dm's and I open them up saying that I'm a whore and a slut and I should just kill myself.

Silent tears run down my face.

I get up and wipe my tears and go to my fathers bathroom were he keeps the razors.

I grab one blade and take it to my bathroom.

I take one deep breath and glide it across my skin, the pain is temporary and it has a relief.

I do it again and again across my arm, the relief is numbing. "Riley" I hear a knock on the door and my mothers voice.

"Riley" she says again " I know you're in there go back to your room after you're done dinner is almost ready".

I don't respond.

"Riley" she says in a strained voice I know I'm making her hurt.

I wash of the cuts and pull my sleeves down and put the blade in my pocket and open the door.

She stands in front of me, I walk past her towards my room and shut the door.

"I'm not hungry" I shout.

I fall asleep and wake up the next morning tired and sad.

I slip on some clothes and put my blade in my backpack and skip breakfast and walk to the subway.

I see Farkle there today.

"Hi" I say.

He looks at me different. "What's wrong"? He asks.

"Nothing" I say as we get on the subway.

He kisses me on the forehead and embraces me in a hug.

I wince at the sudden pressure on my arms from the cuts.

He stands back and looks at me. He tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

"What's wrong I can maybe help" he says looking at me.

"I'm fine"! I snap.

He stands back and studies me with a look of hurt on his face.

"I'm sorry" I say

He still looks hurt but he says he's fine, and the whole subway ride to school is silent for us.

I walk classes to class getting mean snickers from girls.

I open up my locker and I hear somebody whisper the word slut.

I ignore it until I hear somebody whisper, "she's probably only into Farkle for his looks, that fucking whore".

I snap I slam my locker close and run into the bathroom crying. My mascara runs down my face as I slouch against the wall.

The girls in the bathroom run out when they see me.

I take out blade and start cutting the salty tears fall on my wrist stinging for a little bit then relaxing.

I relax and keep cutting until Farkle barges in the girls bathroom.

"Riley what are you doing"! He says.

"Please don't do this to yourself,tell me what's happening" he looks as if somebody rammed a knife in his side.

He tries to take the blade.

"They want me to do this" I say sobbing.

"Who's they, Riley tell me" ! he says as he struggles to grasp the blade. I try to get it out of his reach but my hand flies back and the blade glides across his cheek.

"Oh my god!" I scream. "I didn't mean too" I say sobbing reaching towards his face as his blood runs on my hands, I drop the blade and he kicks it away.

"It's fine Riley just please let me help you" he says pained.

I give him my phone with the messages as he scrolls he has a horrified look on his face.

"We'll get this figured out Riley" he says as puts his forehead on mine.

"I love you remember that no one can take it away".