Glowing...

Maya P.O.V

I look at the bottle of pills in my hand.

It only takes 5.

I sit next to his bed talking to him holding on to his hand.

He then wakes up with a huge gasp.

"Maya" he says breathlessly, "your name is Maya" he says with a smile.

He cups my face in the palm of his hand. Our foreheads start to touch. "I love you too" he whispers.

I drop the pill bottle from my hand and it lands with a clink. "You didn't leave me" I say.

"Why would I leave you" he whispers. "I've fallen for your laugh, which is utterly contagious I've fallen for your smile, which makes me happy for no reason at all. I've fallen for our late night talks, when 1 am arrives too quickly. I've fallen for our jokes" he says as he tips his imaginary hat. "Which I'll remember days later and burst into laughter. I've fallen for how you can make my day better, even if I wanted to die a minute before. I've fallen for every second, I get to spend with you, even if those seconds will always leave me wanting more. Meeting you was fate Maya, becoming your best-friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control, I wouldn't leave you for the world" he says.

"You know" I say smiling " when I first met you I had no idea you would be this important to me, but you when smiled at me when we met its like you knew all along".

Our lips were about to touch until a nurse walked in.

"Oh my god, Mr. Friar your awake"! She exclaims. She starts un-attaching cords and plugging new ones in.

"Mr. Friar were gonna have to start feeding you through some tubes because you haven't eaten in a couple a days and it will take to long for you to get the nutrients through regular food".

"I saw your mom coming in before I came in here I'll go tell them your awake"! She says smiling "but visiting hours are over now so she"ll have to see you and then leave because we have to run some test to see if your stable".

"I'll be back" I whisper to him as Mrs, Friar comes in.

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Lucas P.O.V

I see my mom come in and instantly I know what she wants to tell me.

"There's my brave little man" she says sitting next to my bed.

She takes ahold of my hand." How do you feel" she says stroking my cheek.

"I'm fine mom" I said

" I didn't want to tell you this right when you woke up but I think you should know".

"I know mom" I said squeezing her hand. She looks at me puzzled, "how do you know"? She asks "did he call you" she says her voice rising with anger.

"No he didn't call me, it doesn't matter how I know, what I know is all that matters and it's fine mom" I say.

"That's right" she says " I'm gonna get a second job and do the best I can to give you all you need Lucas we'll be alright alone won't we"? "Won't we"? She says again.

"We don't need that asshole of a father and husband, we'll be alright we don't need him we'll be okay"! She says tears falling down her face.

"It will be alright mom" I say giving her a hug.

She stops crying and gives me a warm look.

The nurse stops in the doorway and gives my mom a sympathetic smile.

"We really need to work on him Mrs. Friar" the nurse says.

My mom grabs her purse and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"I'll see you later Little man" she says.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

Maya P.O.V

I hang out at Riley's for most of the day but something feels off kilter about it like she's not all there. I try to talk about it with her but I figured it was just about Farkle.

When I heard about Farkle my heart stopped, I had no idea the Farkle was going through that at home and it explained why he would invite us over most of the time.

I make my way back to the hospital and swing by Farkles room to see how he is doing but he is sleeping and I didn't want to wake him up.

I check the time on my phone and I can go visit Lucas again.

I make my way toward his room and I see he is up and standing with sweats on holding a family photo of him his mother and father.

I walk in the room and I think I surprised him because he drops the photo and the glass from the frame shatters on the floor.

"I'm so sorry Lucas I didn't mean to scare you like that" I say walking toward the pieces.

"It's fine" he says "the photo was already broken anyways".

He tries to pick up the pieces but it pricks him on his fingers.

"Don't touch it Lucas"! I say wiping off his fingers with a tissue.

"He left me" he says. His eyes look glazed over.

"Your father"? I say "where did he go"?

"He went to be with another family" he says his eyes coming back to focus.

He slowly backs into a corner putting his head in his hands.

I start to sit next to him but he pulls me in his lap.

"Do you want to talk about it "? I ask.

"No talking just kissing, I've missed your lips" he says as he puts his lips on mine.

I respond hungrily kissing him back.

We take a break and I rest my forehead on his.

A tear falls down his face.

I wipe it off and he smiles a beautiful broken smile.

"My light hasn't gone out completely, I'm still glowing" he whispers.

"Of course it is" I say "we'll be the stars right"?