LA...

Riley P.O.V

I wake up to hearing whispers and light taps on my shoulder.

I open my eyes slowly to see my parents hovering over me and Farkle.

"What are you doing?" I say.

"You're going to LA." My dad says.

"LA?"

I sit up and rub my eyes trying to see if this is all a dream.

"Wait what? Why are we going to LA? Especially now!" I ask.

"We talked over the phone to Farkles Uncle and he wants us to come out and see him... But I won't be able to go because I need all the teaching salary I can get, and your mother has to stay here to work on the firm with you know, Farkle's father and spreading out money evenly."

"Why?" I ask again.

"I know you don't want Farkle to leave but if he does he needs to be comfortable knowing his uncle." My dad says.

The sensation of being asleep goes away immediately as he says that.

"So there's a chance he might be going away?" I look at Farkle and he looks conflicted.

"Farkle?" I feel confusion and pain at this point.

"I'm not sure at this point Riley. I don't want to live there. But maybe it is good for me to see the guy and know what he's like." Farkle rubs his eyes with tiredness.

"Okay." I shake my head, still in confusion.

"When are we leaving?" I ask directing my attention somewhere else than Farkle.

"Tonight at 6:43." My dad says.

"Okay." I try to be enthusiastic but the thought of Farkle still runs cold in my mind.

"I'm going to go pack." I put on a fake smile and walk to my room. Farkle must sense something is wrong and follows me in.

I grab some clothes from my closet and spread it out on my bed.

He grabs my hand in the middle of me putting clothes down and pulls me toward him.

He takes my face in his hands then rests his forehead on mine. "Nothing is final Riley. I'm not leaving yet."

"There's that word 'yet' Farkle. Which means your eventually going to leave." I turn away from his hands and go to my closet.

"Riley don't think of it that way." He sits on my bed.

"What about staying together forever?" I ask.

"We're going to figure something out." He walks out of my room.

I finish packing and lay on my bed looking up at the ceiling. I close my eyes for a second and dose off into a quick power nap. When I wake up I realize something.

I need to let him go.

**************

I call Maya and tell her what's going on. I can't call for awhile because we have to head to the airport.

I tell her my idea of letting Farkle go, but she reacts in a different way than I would expect. She tells me to not let go and hang on . She silent for a second then I hear Lucas in the background say " Why are you staring at me?" I hear a smile in his voice.

"Just telling Riles not to let go, ever." She tells him.

I hear her start to giggle.

"Let go!" She laughs.