Changed...

Lucas P.O.V

I wait for Maya outside of the girls locker room.

She's taking longer than usual.

I start walk toward the locker room a little bit closer when Missy pops out.

"Hey Lucas" she says.

"Hey Missy,have you seen Maya?" I ask her.

"Why do you want her?" She growls.

"Because she's my girlfriend?" I say in an obvious tone.

"Why would you want her, when you could have me?" She says walking towards me slowly pouting a little.

It disgust me.

She walks further till I'm backing up on the lockers. "Look Missy, I don't like you. I never will. Now please move so Maya doesn't get the wrong idea if she comes out." I say calmly.

"Oh but I don't want to" she says. She moves faster than I can move and bangs her lips down on mine hard enough that it hurts my teeth.

I try to move away and she bites my lip and holds it there, I wince in pain.

Finally she moves away.

"What the hell is wrong with you Missy?" I shout.

"Nothing is wrong with me, something must be wrong with you if you don't want this" she says bending down to were her top falls down.

I almost gag.

"I don't want you! I never will, I love Maya! I shout.

"Well that's unfortunate for you, because I pretty sure Maya came out a little earlier if you know what I mean. She won't be your girlfriend for long" she hisses.

She turns on her heel and sways away asI watch in disgust.

I lean there on the lockers for a little bit until Farkle comes from the boys locker room.

"What the hell dude? How could you cheat on Maya like that!" He shouts.

"I didn't cheat, Missy basically attacked me with her lips" I say quietly.

"Oh really?" He says in mocking tone.

"Yes, she did! I was waiting for Maya when Missy came out. She cornered me on the lockers and kissed me! It was absolutely disgusting, I didn't feel anything whatsoever. Except for her teeth clamping down on my lip." I say with a sigh.

He eyes me with disbelief for a second then goes back to normal.

"Well you better figure something out, Maya saw you two and she thinks you cheated. She's not one to open up easily after her scars have been reopened." He says patting me on the back then leaving.

          **********

                     Maya P.O.V

I finally get home and I'm completely soaked.

I look at my phone and see many missed calls from Lucas. I sigh in disgust and throw my phone onto the couch.

I change from my soaking wet clothes into some dry soft sweats and sweatshirt.

I should have never let this happen. I should have never let somebody basically control my feelings, I should have never opened up.

I remember those words that my mom told me after my father left.

"Take caution when it comes to love".

I tried and I failed miserably.

I take my phone and call Shawn to see if he can come over. I just really need a dad.

He says he'll be over as fast he can.

I sit and wait for a moment until I hear the doorbell ring.

"That was fast" I say to myself.

As I open the door I see a man who looks vaguely  familiar. "Maya is that you?" The man says. "It's me Kermit your father, you've grown so much you look just like your mother."

He tries to give me a hug but I move out of his reach. I look at his face and recognize his eyes. They look just like mine. There no longer bloodshot of alcohol and furious there peaceful and tranquil.

His once grizzly face is shaved clean and he smells like soap.

"Dad?" I say uncertain of this man who once use to throw me down the stairs now trying to give me a hug.

"I try to call you a bunch of times but no one answered. I left voicemails." He says.

I just nod silently. "We're you crying perhaps?" He asks looking at my face.

"Umm... No" I say wiping my face.

"Oh come on please don't lie, I want us to start over" he says.

"Well, I was crying" I say taking a deep breath.

"Why is that?" He asks in a calm voice.

"Well, umm... My boyfriend cheated on me" I say.

"Boyfriend? He says raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I had a boyfriend but I saw him kissing another girl against the lockers today so all is done now so it doesn't matter."

"Was he against the locker or the girl? " my father asks.

"He was" I say.

"Well are you sure it wasn't a misunderstanding, girls can be quite promiscuous these days"he says.

"Look I don't even know why I'm talking to you. Your not exactly the expert in relationships." I say rolling my eyes.

"Fair enough" he says. "I'm just saying maybe you to should talk it out. I also came here to tell that I got a job in Greece. It's beautiful scenery there and I do remember you use to like drawing and painting. If you would like, you could come live with me there. I know it's a wild offer because you don't really trust me but I'm a better man now. I've done counseling, therapy, anger management classes, alcoholic seminars for alcoholics. I've changed I just want you to know that. I'll be at the holiday inn a couple streets down if you need to talk to me about it. I really would like to start over."

He hands me a slip of paper and makes his way out of the door.

I look at the paper and see it's his phone number address for the holiday inn and room number.

I don't throw it away. I walk to my room and set it on my dresser.

I call Shawn and tell him there's no need to come over anymore now.

I lay around for almost the rest of the day until my mom comes home.

"Hey baby girl how was your day?" She ask hanging her umbrella up.

"I had a sucky day but guess what?" I say.

"What?" She asks.

"Dad is back" I say.

She whips around to face me.

"Oh my god baby girl are you alright? Did he come here? I should call the police." She starts moving around running her hands through her hair.

"No it's fine mom" I say.

"He's changed".