1o things i hate about you...

Maya P.O.V

I don't want to take the subway today to school, I can't see Lucas.

He hasn't even called since that day I saw him kissing Missy.

I wake up earlier and text Riley that I'm walking today. She offers to walk with me but I need to be alone with my thoughts.

As I walk to school I think of how beautiful the scenery in Greece is going to be. I could draw and paint so many landscapes there.

As I get to school I see Lucas standing at his locker. He looks my way an offers me a smile but I turn around.

I basically run the rest of the way to English, but I forgot he has it with me.

He walks into the classroom I try to catch his eye, but he doesn't even look my way, but he goes and sits right behind me.

I shift uncomfortably in my chair. He taps me on the shoulder."Maya" he whispers.

"Who would like to read last night assignment... Poems?" Ms. Greenbay asks.

Everybody sinks down in their seat and no hands go up.

I raise mine slowly.

"Maya there are no breaks right now we just started class." She says.

"Oh I know I just wanted to read my poem" I say.

"Oh, that's great!" She says excitedly and a little surprised.

I get up and walk to the front of the classroom and unfold the piece of paper with my poem written on it and begin to read.

10 things I hate about you..

I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you know my feelings
I hate the way you stare.
I hate your big dumb cowboy boots,and the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme.
I hate the way you're always right, I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh,even worse when you make me cry.
I hate when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call.
But I mostly hate the way I don't hate you, not even close, not even a little bit,not even at all.

I take a deep breath and feel the tears streaming down my face.

"Can I be excused?" I ask.

I walk out the classroom crying, and no sooner than later Lucas does too.

"Maya!" He shouts.

I don't turn around and continue on walking.

"Maya please!" He says as he catches me. He grabs my wrist and turns me around to face him.

I try to turn my head but he gently moves moves my cheek so my head is facing his.

"Maya you have to believe me I would never cheat on you!" He says.

" I know. I believe you.. I'm just not ready for this.. I can't do this." I turn around and walk back into the classroom.

He walks in little bit after and takes his seat.

I sigh and and think about how long this day is going to be.

Farkle P.O.V

Riley and I go over to her place after school to hangout. We invited Maya but she needed to be alone. We tried Lucas but he was too heartbroken.

We hang out for awhile on the couch watching tv and talking, until Mrs. Matthews comes into the room.

"Ok.. He's right here now." She hands me the phone.

"Hello?" I say.

"It's the detective officer working on your case." Mrs Matthews mouths.

I mouth the letter "o" with my mouth.

"You found him that's great!" I say.

But the next words he says completely sends me into stone cold shock.

It's almost like I blank out.

I get off the phone and turn to Riley and Mrs. Matthews.

"They found him.." I say.

" Oh that's great Farkle! " Riley says.

"He's dead..." I say.

A/n : Okay so good chapter or nah? All rights go to the Movie 10 things I hate about you... One of my favorite movies too.

I used her poem and tweaked it if anybody noticed.

Please Vote/Comment 💛😃