No one can know ...

Lucas P.O.V

I watch Maya saunter off to her next class, I still feel her thumb on my upper lip.

Damn, that girl does something to me.

Farkle P.O.V
(Going back to the other night after he came home from Riley's )

"WHY ARE YOU HOME LATE"? My father shouts. "I'm sorry dad"I say flinching at his tone, "I was at the gym" I say not mentioning Riley.

"Well maybe you should get your head out of your ass"! He yells, "and pay more attention in school instead of going to the gym, I looked up your skyward account and you have two B pluses"!! He shouts.

"Your in for it tonight" he says.

"Dad please" I beg, but it was too late he had already gotten his belt and starting me hitting me across the chest and on my stomach.

I try to crouch down in a fetal position, but I hear him shout "stand up"!

I stand up, he hits me one more time then drops the belt and looks me in the eye.

"But dad I love you" I try to say.

"Love is weakness" he spits out with venom. He turns and leaves the room I hear the house door and before I know it I hear his helicopter and he's gone.

I fall down to the floor in pain and lay there.

This is my life.

(Going back to present)

I managed to crawl back to my room last night and fall asleep.

I wake up in the morning in the worst pain ever, I groan and try to sit up but the pain is too much.

" I guess I'm not going to school today I say to myself, I'm gonna have to miss soccer practice after school, I'm on the varsity team.

I wish I could talk to Riley, I wish that we could have continued what we were doing before her parents came home.

Oh my god, Riley is probably in so much trouble.

I wonder what Mr. and Mrs. Matthews think of me now.

I want to talk to her but she can't see me like this. No one can, because no one knows about my father.

I lift my shirt up and sigh when I see my bruised stomach and chest. My dad is luckily gone for the rest of the week for business though so I'll be safe.

This happens all the time, he gets mad at me for no reason and beats me then leaves me all alone, it's a process I'm sadly accustomed too.

I love him too much to let anyone know, it's just like he said before.

Love is weakness.