Hey how's it going..

Farkle P.O.V

First day in New York. I refuse to get up out of bed. Of course Maxwell makes me.

I put on a gray t-shirt and adidas joggers, and I don't even bother looking in the mirror. I take one hand through my hair and step into the living room area.

Maxwell sits comfortably on the couch reading the newspaper and occasionally looking up at the tv.

I go and stand right in front of him. " Hey Max where are the keys?"

He flips a page and his eyes never leave the newspaper. "To what.." He answers.

"I think you know what Max.."

"On the contrary young minkus. I have no idea what your talking about." He flips a page in the newspaper.

"The keys to the car Max.."

"And what car would that be Farkle.." He raises his thin eyebrow.

I grab the newspaper out of his hands and his brown eyes dart up to mine. "The Porsche Maxwell."

He gives me a smirk. "On the counter to the far right."

I go and grab the keys then set them down on the counter again.

"You know what I think I'm just take a walk instead, I miss this city. "

Maxwell nods his head as I head out the door,but I turn back around and call out to him .

"Maxwell you really need to get out more, maybe find yourself a boyfriend." With that last remark I close the door and walk down the apartment stairs. As I'm about to get out of the building I hear a very familiar voice.

"Farkle is that you?"

I turn around and see Mr. Matthews.

My mouth becomes dry and I am at lost for words.

He shakes his head and laughs like something unbelievable is taking place. "What are you doing here?"

"Dads business." Is all I say.

He nods his head with excitement but then he gets serious.

"Listen I don't know how long you've been here or plan to be here in the city but I think I should tell you that Riley has been recently in an accident.."

A pain stabs me right in the heart. I know I shouldn't care, but of course I do care.

I care way too much.

"What happened?" I find myself asking.

"She got in a car accident, her legs were almost crushed..she has bruises scattered over her ribs and she- "

"Can I see her?" The words slip out of my mouth cutting him off faster than I can register.

He sighs deeply. "Farkle she has amnesia."

My mouth goes dryer than I thought it possibly could.

"She doesn't remember me?"

"She doesn't remember anybody Farkle.. She doesn't even know who she is, frankly I don't think she's trying to remember who she is." His eyes shine with tears.

All my stupid ass can utter out is "Oh."

"Do you still want to see her?" He says.

I nod my head slowly.

He leads me there. My heart starts pumping at 10,000 seconds per minute  which I know is not possible under any circumstance.

He unlocks the door and let's me go in first.

I turn back and look at him and realized something.

"Don't you have to go teach or something today?" I ask him.

"I'm taking a sick day to be with her."

"Riley?" I say.

He nods his head. "She doesn't want to be called by her name."

I raise my eyebrow in confusion but he doesn't have time answer as Topanga burst into the living room.

"Farkle oh my god!"  She rushes in and gives me a hug." What are you doing here?" She squeezes me tight again.

I open my mouth to answer but Mr.Matthews answers for me.

"Fathers business."

Topanga nods her head with a smile. "So does that mean your taking over?"

"No not exactly, I just have to sit through a couple meetings with my dad's close friends and consider taking over the company. "

"That's great Farkle!" She says.

"Yep." I rock on the backs of my feet.

"Would you like to see her now?" Mr. Matthews says.

"Your going to go see Riley?" Topanga says.

"Why else would he be here Topanga.. Here in our home.. Standing with me." Mr.Matthews motions around him.

"I don't know Cory considering they haven't seen each  for at least a year! I wouldn't  think they would be big on speaking terms!" She snaps at him.

At this moment I see clearly how tired they are. Not just tired from lack of sleep.

Topanga rubs her eyes and point her hand to Riley's room. "You know the way Farkle."

Mr. Matthews scratches the back of his head. "I guess I'll go tell her she has a visitor. "

When he comes back he nods his head in the direction of her room.

I feel all the bile in my stomach rising.

This moment has come too soon. I think.

I turn back around in the hallway ready to make a run for it when hear her voice that stops me dead in my tracks.

I look back around and there she is.

She's in a wheel chair at her doorway with her hair in a pony tail with a Knicks sweatshirt on.

She tucks a piece of loose hair around her ear and says "Hi."

Hello.

After an awkward pause I realized I only answered in my head and there was actually no sound produced by me.

I cleared my throat and uttered some simple words.

"Hey how's it going?"

F.R.I.E.N.D.Sजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें