Future...

Fast forward after graduation.
                          Maya P.O.V

I write down all the things I need for my dorm room on my note pad in Topangas.

Lucas does the same thing across from me.

I keep thinking about the fact that I won't see him at all.

He's going to Texas for college. They have one of the best football teams so I don't blame him. But it hurts to think about that he won't even be remotely close to me.

I set the notepad down and look at him.

He looks up at me.

"What?" He says.

"You realize you will be 1,769.3 miles away from me. I checked."

He sighs. "Yes I do.. but do you realize I'll be home for every break you can think of."

" I know. You won't miss me though?"

"Why would you even think that. Of course I'm gonna miss you.. and I'm gonna be thinking of all the possible ways your gonna realize you can do better and find someone better." He says.

"Of course I could find someone better. Doesn't mean I want better. I want you." I say.

"That just means we have to trust each other, and we have all summer to be with each other."

I shake my head. "If we spend all summer together it would hurt to much to say goodbye. I know you and me both don't want that. So let's just say in the infamous words of Topanga. I do my thing and you do your thing. You are you and I am I. And if in the end we end up together it's beautiful."

"So no seeing each during the summer?" He asks.

"No. Just no touching and no relationship. Only friendship. Deal?"  I say.

"I don't know if I can do that." He says.

"Your gonna have to try if we're gonna make this work." I say standing up gathering my stuff.

"Fine. Just let me do one more thing." He stands up and in a swift motion he presses his lips to mine.

He moves back and gathers his stuff and tips his imaginary cowboy hat. "I'll see you later friend."

***********************************
                           Riley P.O.V. (Play song now!!! Or at least listen to it)
Farkle and I walk down the pavement of the New York streets.

It's about 9'o clock at night and Farkle just bought me ice cream.

I lick my strawberry cone and he licks his plain vanilla.

We talk and talk while we walk down the street. But once he gets to the topic I knew he would get to eventually I am at a loss for words.

The future.

As he talks I don't know what to say. He keeps going on. Asking me what I'm gonna do and all these other things that have to do with it.

I can't deal with it. Because I know I won't have a future.

**********************^^**^***********

                      Farkle P.O.V

As Riley and I walk down the sidewalk she seems quieter than usual. I don't what it is that I said. But I eventually stop talking once I see a tear roll down her cheek.

"Riley what's wrong?"

She just shakes her head.

"Come on tell me what's wrong?"

"I'm sick." She's says quietly.

"Okay let's go home. You seemed like you were shaking a little bit-"

"No Farkle. I have cancer.. I don't get a future like you Maya, Lucas, Zay and Missy."

My body runs cold.

"You have cancer?"

"Yes. Leukemia" she says with tears running down her face.

"You'll get treatment.. you'll get better. You have to." I say.

"I have stage 4. I haven't been responding to treatment at all. The doctors said it has been more than likely to be in my system for 2 years.  They only found it when I had to have surgery because of the car accident."

I feel tears coming into my eyes stinging the corners.

"How come you didn't tell me." I say.

"Because... I wanted to go on normally. I thought I would be able to I don't know .. outlive it. I applied to colleges I got into some colleges. I looked for jobs to only find out that I'm getting worse. I was gonna tell you. I just didn't want to drag it out and have you always be worried." Tears roll down her face fast.

"So you were just gonna wait to you were knocking on deaths door to tell me?" I say.

"Your making a scene. Can we talk about this later?" She says sniffing.

"No we can't because I don't know if there is gonna be a later for you!" I say.

"This is exactly why I didn't tell you at first! Look how your acting!"  She says.

"How do you want me to act?"

"I don't know! Certainly not like this." She sighs and rubs her forehead and looks down.

" I just don't want to lose you."I step close to her and pull her chin up.

"At this point you have no choice." She says softly.

I think in that moment I felt like what is was like to get hit with a car.. multiple times.

I wanted to hold her and never let her go but I can't, not forever at least.

So I just stand there with her in my arms. I let my tears falling into the top of her head.

We break apart and we walk hand and hand back to her apartment.

A/N: so yeah that just happened and you guys should have caught when I was foreshadowing when Lucas and Maya were watching "A walk to remember" lmao.

I really wanted to update this chapter so I did.

Sorry I'm doing this to you guys. Rileys fight isn't over.

Do you think she will win this one?