Lost Boy...

Riley P.O.V

I see Lucas race off into the night and my heart fills with fear.

I step back into the apartment.

"You think she's  okay?" Farkle asks.

"I don't know, I know what he's done before, It's like déjà vu but I understand now what's happening  and it has me more scared than anything."

"It's Lucas Riley, we've seen what he can do, and this is Maya he is protecting. He would practically throw himself in front of a bus for her." He states.

"I want to believe that she'll be alright... it's just... I tried to tell her to be more diplomatic towards the situation, she was so intent to jump right in to this new relationship with her father.. I should have been a better friend and talked with her more." I feel up to the brim with guilt.

"Riley there was nothing you could do, you tried to talk to her didn't you?" He asks.

"Yes." I say shortly

"You did the best you could princess." He says.

"Princess?" I raise my eyebrow.

"You don't like it?" He pouts.

"Nope, I love it Charming." I kiss him on the lips.

"Charming? Hmm... I love it!" He says putting his arms around me.

"Good! Because it's gonna stick." I smile cheekily.

The door clicks and opens.

"Ugh! 1 2, don't let me get to 3!" My dad jokes.

We let go of each other.

"How are you feeling Farkle?" My dad asks.

I sigh. Whenever someone brings upFarkles father to him he shuts off completely.

"I'm doing fine sir.." Farkle utters.

"Good. You can stay here if you need to. But I will set up security cameras if you try anything!" He points his finger at Farkle.

"Thank you sir." Farkle says.

"Farkle no need to be formal anymore." My dad says.

"Thank you Mr.Matthews." Farkle answers

"Farkle, call me Cory." My dad replies.

" Thank you Cory." His eyes wander.

"I'm getting really tired, I'm- I'm gonna head off." He starts getting up.

"Farkle... Stay here." My dad speaks.

"No it's fine, Sir.. I mean Cory. I like being alone I'm use to it.." Farkle adds.

"Farkle I'm not giving you a choice you're staying here!" My dad retorts.

"Okay, but can I at least go and get some of my stuff." Farkle asks.

"Yes, I can't believe I'm saying this... But Riley go with him." My dad says.

"Well... Okay." I say as I get up and get my jacket.

"Be back in an hour!" My dad shouts as we make it out the door.

***********

"Farkle what did you want to get?" I ask.

"Just my charger, and some photos..." He stuffs his hands in his pocket.

"You know  you can talk to me about anything, like how you feel about all of this." I try.

"I'm not trying to feel anything for this situation, I shouldn't."

The rest of the way to his house is in silence.

Once we get there he unlocks the door and steps inside.

The whole place is a mess.

"We're you looking for something?" I exclaim.

He just nods.

He goes to the mess and starts skimming over the mounds of stuff.

"I've never seen all of this before, where has it been?" I ask.

"In my room.... My father would think I was a wimp for keeping all these photos, they use to be in the living room."

He pulls out one.

"This was me and my mother." He holds it out for me to see.

He looks about 4 and he's on her lap with a big grin on his face.

His mother is beautiful. She looks like she's in mid laugh while bouncing Farkle up in down on her lap.

She's wearing a orange turtle neck and has dirty blonde hair.

"She's beautiful Farkle, you guys look so happy."

"We were happy, it was before he changed. They had just took me to Disney world and the thing I remember  the most was going on a Peter Pan ride. I felt so sad because the lost boys in Neverland were alone and didn't have a family. I was so happy to have my mother and father. But when things started to change, I became a lost boy myself. No family I felt so lost and alone. Unwanted. I yearned to go to Neverland so much. Sometimes I still do. But now I feel more like Peter Pan King of all the Lost boys." He says.

"Then I'll be your Wendy Darling." I say.

"We'll always count on each other to make each other believe."