'Til it happends to you...

Please play the song!! It's a very important part of this chapter I would really appreciate it!!
                         Maya P.O.V

A nurse comes in with some papers. I finally let my mother come in with Lucas. 

"Maya, it says here that you tested positive for flunitrazepam which is also known as Rohypnol. It's one of the top date rape drugs. Some people call it roofies. " The nurse says.

I knew it.

"Oh." Is all I say.

"Do you recall anything.. Do you feel sore anywhere?" she starts.

"I know what happened to me. I know I was raped." I say shakily.

"Are you sure?" My my moms breath draws in.

"Do I have to be sure? Don't you believe me?" My voice shakes.

"Of course we do Maya, can you tell us.. Can you tell me what happened?" Lucas asked. The pain is evident in his voice and I know he's hurt.

My mom sits with a stone cold expression on her face.

"I don't think I need to.. The fact that I said it should be an explanation enough. Maybe it was my fault anyway." I look at the window avoiding any other expressions from people.

"Ms. Hart do you want to take a urinal sample to test for any possible STDs?" The nurse asks.

"No she doesn't, she's fine." My mom says.

"Oh really I'm fine? I was raped mom! Yes I would like to take the test!" My shrill voice says.

The nurse leaves.

"Maya don't do this to yourself.." She whispers.

"Do what to myself Mom?"

"Maya think about this what you did-"

"What I did? I didn't do the raping mom! I did the drinking, but I didn't do the spiking, I did the kissing but I never did the raping!" Tears start running down my face making me more frustrated. I rub them off my face hard enough to leave red marks.

"Baby girl.."

"Don't! Get away from me! Get out!" I scream.

"Maya.." Lucas starts.

"No you too! Get the fuck out!" I shout.

"Maya!" My mom shouts back at me.

"Leave!"

They both walk out of the room. I know I'm hurting them even more by telling them to leave.

More tears roll down my face and I let them.

It takes me a moment to realize Riley doesn't  remember me. She doesn't  even give a shit about me right now.

I ring comes from my phone. I see it's a text from Brandon.

Brandon: Had a good time with you last night.

My stomach plummets. I block his number and delete the text message.

A ring goes off for my Twitter notifications. I can't help but take a peak.

I'm horrified.

It's me.

I'm only in a bra and underwear and sprawled across a bed.

The tweet reads.

Easy one💯

Only a minute ago and it already has 20 retweets.

A text message appears again and it's from Lucas.

Lucas: Who was it?

Maya: Does it matter?"

I shut off my phone and stare out the window.