Movie night...

Maya P.O.V

Lucas and I lay on my bed looking up at the stars on my ceiling with our hands intertwined.

"You know those two stars up there that are so close together they look like their holding hands"? He asks me.

"Yeah" I say "didn't even realize I put them so close together".

"Well that's us" he whispers "we're the stars".

I look at him and my heart beats faster. "We'll be the stars" I whisper back.

I hear the front door of the apartment unlocking and a jingle of keys. We sit straight up.

"Hurry"! I say to him I toss him a book from my backpack. "Pretend your reading" I hiss.

"Maya"? I hear my mom call out, "I'm in here" I say.

"Well hey baby girl" she says to me with a questioning look on her face as she acknowledges Lucas and my messy hair.

"What do want for dinner"? She asks "anything is fine" I say. "Well Lucas" she says turning towards him "are you staying for dinner"?

"No, he's just leaving" I say in a rush "we were just studying,but he's going now". "Okay" she says leaving my doorway giving me one last questioning look.

"So you don't want me to stay for dinner"? He says faking a hurt expression before laughing.

"No" I say punching him on the shoulder, "I just don't want anymore questioning looks for tonight with you here". I say rushing him to the apartment door and opening it.

I nudge him out so he's out of the doorway. "What no goodbye kiss"? He says giving me a puppy dog face.

"Fine" I say, I give him a little peck on the lips. "Now leave".

I close the door and hear him laughing down the hallway.

I hear my mom coming up behind me, "Maya you know your not supposed to have boys over when your home alone". She says laying a hand on my shoulder and turning me around softly.

"I know" I say "but we were just studying" I say giving her a fake smile.

"Oh I know that look Maya" she says patting my shoulder "you were doing something else besides studying" she says smirking, "I know you Maya, you don't study on your own you need motivation".

"We weren't doing that mom"! I say looking at her. "Oh I know you weren't baby girl" she says "because your not aloud to do that yet". "I won't let what happen to me happen to you Maya".

"It won't mom"! I say looking directly in her eyes "Lucas is nothing like my father, he won't leave me and I won't end up like you" I say a bit to harshly.

A look of hurt crosses her face. "Oh I'm sorry mom I didn't mean it like that" I say hugging her.

"It's ok Maya"she says "I'm just trying to look after you baby girl" she says hugging me back. She gives me one last squeeze. "So how does spaghetti sound for dinner"? She says.

✈️ ✈ ️✈ ️✈️✈ ️✈️✈

Riley P.O.V

I stay with Farkle for a couple of days to help him move around and feel better but I think it's just for me to feel better.

I tell my parents I'm staying at Maya's but Maya doesn't know that, she will just make fun of me about how I'm sleeping with Farkle and once we get on the topic I know I won't be able to keep in his secret.