Accident...

Maya P.O.V

After Riley walked out on me I lay in my bed frustrated. I know those bruises have to be from Charlie, and she won't even tell me.

After awhile of me just moping around the house I decide to pick up the phone and call her.

As soon as I call her phone it brings me straight to voicemail. "Really.." I groan to myself. I try again and it does the same.

I almost try again but I'm interrupted by Topanga calling me.

I answer the phone.

"Hey Topanga." I say.

"Maya, Riley got in an accident-" she's a blubbering mess.

"Charlie!" I cut her off.

"No, Maya it was a car accident. Charlie .. Charlie is dead. But Riley is on her way to the hospital. She's in serious condition Maya, I don't think she's gonna make it. " Shes crying so much, that's all I got out of it.

"Okay, okay! I'm on my way!" I immediately start crying.

This was all my fault. If I had not stopped her going, this wouldn't have happen.

Suck it up Maya I tell myself.. You've had worse happen to you.

I text Lucas and tell him what happened.

He meets me at the hospital.

Before I see Riley we meet in the hallway and I pull him aside.

"Listen Lucas, Charlie was beating her." I run my hand through my hair.

"What are you talking about?" He says.

"Look at these pictures." I show him the pictures I took on my phone when Riley was in the bathroom."

"Oh my god, you tried to tell me! "He slams his hands on the wall behind him.

"It's not your fault we can't do anything about right now. Charlie's dead and Riley's on the brink of death."  I say.

We stand in the hallway until they let us come in and see her.

There's so many cuts and bruises on her face she's barely recognizable. Her legs are wrapped up in bandages and propped up.

"Riles.." Silent tears start to rush to my face.

I sit in the chair next to her bed.

Mrs. And Mr. Matthews stand by her bed stroking Riley's cheek.

"Where's Auggie?" I manage to get out.

"He's in the hallway." Mrs. Matthews says.

I look out the door and I seen Lucas hugging him, while tears run down Auggies face.

I walk back into the room.

I sit in the chair for hours just talking to Riley.

The doctors don't know if she'll be okay, and they don't know if  she'll wake up either.

She'll be in a wheelchair though, because her legs were almost crushed because of the impact of the accident.

After awhile the Matthews have to leave to take Auggie home.

"Are you going home Maya?" Topanga asks me.

"No.. I'm going to stay here for the night." I say.

Topanga nods and gives me a sad smile then kisses Riley on the forehead and ushers Auggie out of the room.

I lean over to Riley's body.

"Please don't leave me Riles." I whisper.

I soon fall asleep after waiting for an answer that will never come.

I think it's about 1:00 in the morning when I wake up to use the bathroom.

After that I go back to my chair to go to sleep.

I sit there awhile then start to talk to Riley out loud.

"He was beating you.. Wasn't he? Why didn't you tell me Riley! I'm your best friend.. Your sister. Riley I-" I don't get the rest of my sentence out when I see her body start to shift.

"Riley?"

She starts moaning and her eyes fling open.

"Riley!" I say again.

"Am I in the hospital?" she says.

"Yes, Riley-"

"Riley? Who's Riley? Who are you?" She groans.