Dark times

(Sorry that this is a cover, couldn't find the real deal.😁)

Lucas P.O.V

"Friar get your ass onto the field." Coach yells.

I slowly shake my head and laugh at the "respect" were shown in football practice. I grab my water bottle and squirt the fluid into my mouth gurgling it then finally swallowing It's just some water...with a lot of vodka. The burning sensation of vodka slithers down my throat. Although it's a little watered down by the water your supposedly "suppose" to put in a water bottle.

I've been doing this for quite sometime now. Good thing nobody ask for a drink of my water bottle.

Sometimes I mix up the alcohol that I put in it. Honestly most of the time it really doesn't matter what I put it, as long it completely consumes my mind I really could care less.

Although I find that bourbon goes down quite nicely.

I just have to get through this practice without being totally buzzed and all should be well. There's a party tonight that I feel the need to attend.

It's this guys Zay's house but I think it's being thrown by his brother Mac. I remember Zay from my Texas years but it's clear he doesn't remember me or want to remember. I don't really care. It's seems like a lot of people right now are trying to forget me, or at least ignore me. I wouldn't doubt people at school don't see me as a human being, but yet they still treat with the highest honor of being quarterback of the football team or being a jock in general.

I went from the perfect guy, to the guy that's always wasted even at school most of the time. The guy who's dad left him for a better family , the guy who's mom is barely hanging on to two jobs for him, the guy who's football scholarship is hanging onto him like a piece of thread.  The guy who's girlfriend got raped at a party then broke up with him because she couldn't deal with it and didn't want anybody to help. I'm just the guy who drinks away his pain.

People could see this as sad, or I don't know "falling off the edge" but I just see it as a way of coping. It seems to be going pretty damn well for me.

I barely feel a thing but theres always this little feeling that sparks when I see her long blonde hair and her smooth face. Sometimes I see her smiling. I like it. Sometimes I wish I could stay sober to really relax into that feeling but the alcohol floods through my bloodstream almost all the time reminding me that I don't need anybody else but itself.

I sometimes wish she would smile at me, but whenever she does look at me I can almost sense it's filled with fear, almost disgust like my drunken self is going to attack her.

But I know even if I was drunk out my mind, I wouldn't hurt her.

My good old friend Farkle is back. To take care of little Riley of course. Poor thing still hasn't gotten her memory back from when she was in that accident with Charlie.

I hate to be rude... Not really though, but I'm glad that dick didn't survive. He use to tell me all the time at that he use to get lucky at parties. Low and behold when he died about 5 girls came forward about rape charges from parties he went to and supposedly "got lucky". And to add to that equation that ass was beating on Riley although she can't remember anything it, Maya does and she brought evidence forward in the very beginning.

Let's just say his parents have a boat load of trials to attend to.

************************