The Messiah

I give Kristy a deep glare.  "I'm not falling for that trick.  You've already pulled that trick on me before."

She grins at me.  "Well, I never expected you to believe me from the start.  After all, I've been pretending to be your enemy for what... four years now?  But I think I have some great proof that will convince even the stubbornness that is Cesar."

"Quit calling me that..."

"Sorry, old habits.  Anyways, I'd like to show you my proof right away."  She moves her right arm behind her and beckons for someone to step forward.  "Now if you would, father?"

"F-Father!?"

 And that's when Beta steps forward from hiding, and calmly walks towards both of us.  He looks at me with a friendly smile and simply spouts "Sup!"

"Don't 'Sup!' me!"

"Now now my boy... I'm sure you'd like an explanation for what's going on, wouldn't you?"

"What do you think!?  Explain everything, now!"

Kristy clears her throat.  "I guess I'll start immediately off the bat... I seem to recall father telling you about the beta virus... and it's threat to humanity, correct?"

"Yeah... how the human race will be extinct in what... like eighty years?"

Kristy lets out a sigh.  "Change of plans... it's not eighty years at all."

"...What?  Then what is it?  Did it increase?  Did it decrease?"

"...The human race has four more weeks."

My body trembles in shock.  "You... you're kidding me..."

"It's true, boy" Beta mentions, "The virus... it evolved early.  Have you felt it recently?  The beta flowing through your veins are becoming more intense.  Your heart is beating faster."

I push my palm against my chest.  "Yes... I have felt it... but I thought it wasn't anything too serious..."

"Now that we have that off our chests" Kristy says as she lowers her head, "I'll start from the very beginning.  Of when we first met.  My original goals back then... they were to find a complete cure for the beta virus.

I had tricked the assassin order, in order to get them to believe I was completely on their side.  Originally, they had the cure a long time ago.  I figured I would start from there.  I showed them my relentless power, in order to take over.  I also planned to eventually end the assassin order, to stop them from being a constant threat.

I took on even the leader of the order.  He proved to be quite the threat, and since my power was mostly sealed back then, I was close to defeat.  But I managed to win, and phase one of the plan was complete.

I then moved on to phase two of the plan... I needed to gather information on the three known Seishunn Souls.  That was you, Brima and Adam.  So I had pretended to be just a civilian trapped in a cage.  I had Sathe seal my power completely, to avoid any trouble, and avoided any possible thoughts of the plan.

The plan had went better than expected... and Rina took me into her home.  I knew generally everything all three of you were capable of.  I knew the three of you would be essential for the future to live.

That's when phase three had activated.  I needed you to think I was your enemy.  I needed everyone to think I was an enemy.  Even Sathe didn't know about my true intentions.  From the start, he thought everything was real.  So I asked for his assistance.  I needed it to seem real... so I didn't tell him anything.  I only asked him not to kill any of you.  Of course... I also asked for father's assistance in the matter.  In other words, that whole scene was just an act.