Bothersome Atmosphere

"Whoa, that's a lot!" I shout, feeling overjoyed.  "Why has it suddenly gotten so much easier!?  What's on your mind!  Tell me!"

"Calm down daddy... it's just... you-... no, the Sandman not only mastered beta with ease in the past, the power he contained was a match even for your father.  If anything... he'd know how to enhance your beta like it was child's play."

"So... I gotta seek advice from the Sandman?"

"Well... it would help..."

I pump my fist in the air and shout "Alright!  Let's go right ahead and try!"

I close my eyes and slam my hands together.

After about a minute of sitting there, I finally realize that I have no idea how to contact the Sandman myself.  In the past, he's usually always contacted me.

"Bah!  I have no idea how to contact him!" I shout as I lean back in my chair.

Lilian grits her teeth.  "Tch... if only we had an experienced Seishunn Soul with us... but the only one we know is in a coma and back on earth..."

"Seishunn Soul?  You mean that technique Colthan Black completed around twenty years ago?" Alex questions.

"Yeah... daddy here was reborn from that technique."

"Oh!  I see!" Alex says as he observes me closely.

After a few seconds of invading my personal space, Alex leans back and quietly says "...You've got a real vibe similar to her..."

"Huh?"

"...Where is Maria at the moment?"

"Maria?  ...I totally forgot she was here..."

Lilian lowers her head and slightly folds her shoulders in, getting into an embarrassed pose.  "S-She decided to wake me up this morning just to harass me... and then she said she was going off to train..."

"Oh that's true... she did say she wanted to tag along for us to train!"

"I find that strange..." Alex says.  "...Why was she the only one in your organization interested in coming here for training?"

"...Money issues probably?"

"No... if most of you were part of the academy once, then everyone should have more than enough money to afford this trip.  I think this girl has a secondary objective in hand."

"We've been really neglectful on keeping an eye on her as well..." Lilian says.

"And now that I've really felt it..." Alex says, as he stands up and looks at me closely.  "You two have vibes far too similar to be just a coincidence.  It's almost as you two have beta more... 'special' than anyone else's."

"Wow, you can actually sense my beta?"

"It's feint, but it's there.  However the girl's beta... it isn't as strong as it could be, but it's much more resistant to this atmosphere compared to yours.  Hardly any training would be necessary for a beta like that."

"And what's this you say about their beta being similar?"

Alex looks away for a second, then focuses his eyesight on Lilian.  "...Could it be that Maria girl is a Seishunn Soul as well?"

Due to shock, I fall back out of the chair I was leaning in.

Lilian slightly flinches, but manages to keep her cool.  "...Are you sure that's a decent observation?"

"It's just an assumption... but it's an assumption with good observation.  I say we go find her and ask her ourselves."

Lilian looks away, and squints her eyes.  "C-Count me out..."