Chapter 70 (Part 1)

My death and something more...

Harry’s P.O.V.

The doctors started talking quickly and they took Ethan before I could say anything. Tears began to come out of Emma's eyes and her heart rate accelerated so much that the machines started making noises, indicating that something was wrong.

“Put her anesthetic before she convulse,” one of the doctors shouted.

A nurse approached Emma and injected her. Seconds later Emma’s eyes began to close and her hand released mine. Everyone left the room, taking away Ethan and leaving me alone with Emma.

I rested my head on Emma's arm and let the tears come out. Ethan. Oh my God. A sob escaped my lips. I buried my face in Emma's skin looking for her warmth. I laced my fingers with the fingers of Emma while more tears out of my eyes.

If Ethan dies... How would I tell Emma? She would break into a million pieces. Ethan was what had kept her strong while I behaved like shit with her. I looked at the clock hoping they bring Ethan back or Emma wakes up.

I think in a million scenarios. Many machines connected to Ethan, Emma crying, all of us around the grave of Ethan, Emma sobbing into my chest because life has taken away what she most loved...

I shake my head, trying to stop thinking about those horrible things. I take a deep breath to calm my sobs and I dry my tears with the sleeve of my jacket. A chill ran down my back. It feels as if the temperature had dropped in the room. Again I fixed my eyes on the clock. I look at the clockwise move slowly.

I count thirty-three minutes before anything happens. Thirty-three agonizing minutes where the darkness began to take hold of me. Thirty-three minutes are crucial in someone's life. Thirty-three minutes passed before the door opened and Dr. Sullivan walked in. Thirty-three minutes passed. Thirty-three minutes where I lost it all and won it all.

Dr. Sullivan comes in with Ethan in her arms and I stand up abruptly. She smiles at me and gives me Ethan.

“He is perfectly fine,” she assures me as I look at Ethan scared.

I settle him well in the blanket that wraps him. He sleeps in my arms. He’s so small... It seems that the slightest movement could break him. His pink skin looks delicate and his head and is covered by some blond hair. I caress his head with my thumb, almost not brushing against him.

He will be blond, like Emma when she was little.

“She will wake up in a couple hours,” says the doctor before leaving the room.

I sit in the chair beside Emma’s bed.

“Hey there,” I say looking him sleep. “You gave me quite a scare.”

I stroked his little hand with my fingers and he took my index finger. He pouted with his lower lip and continued to sleep. I hope Emma wakes up to give her Ethan but after half an hour and she does not wake and Daniel tells me that everyone is the waiting room.

I give a kiss in Emma’s forehead and leave the room. I walk down the halls of the second floor to get to the waiting room next to nursery. Everyone looks at me expectantly as I approach. I put Ethan in Marie’s arms and she smiles at me. All stand around her, looking at Ethan. I stay in a corner, with my arms crossed.

Everyone hold Ethan one by one while the others speak as quietly as they can. I just watched as my son goes through everyone’s arms. My son. The words sound strange and I feel weird. I hadn’t assimilated everything until today. It seems that nothing has changed, but you feel different. Like if something more impulse you forward and to not stop.