Chapter 40

Petition

Harry’s P.O.V.

I woke up and groaned through my teeth. I rubbed my eyes. Emma moved on my side. I kissed the bare skin of her shoulder and stood up. I yawned and stretched. I walked to the closet and pulled out what I would today. I took skinny black jeans and a white shirt. I walked to the bathroom and washed my face. I took the toothbrush and put some toothpaste on it. I washed and rinsed my teeth. I wiped my hands with the towel.

I left the bathroom and saw Emma asleep hugging my pillow, with one leg on top of the sheets and her lips pursed. I smiled and bit my lower lip. I walked towards her, moved the strands of her hair away from her face and gave her a small kiss on the lips. I left the room and went to Ariel’s.

She was awake with her ​​gray eyes fixed on the ceiling, with the thumb in her mouth and holding the pink blanket with her ​​tiny left hand. I took her in my arms. She wrapped her little arms about my neck and I kissed her cheek. I left the room while she mumbled with her thumb stuck in his mouth.

Mummy?” She asked when we entered the kitchen and she noticed that Emma wasn’t there.

“She’s sleeping.” I said.

“Shh.” She said putting her little finger on top of her mouth.

I put her in the baby seat. I got a baby bottle from the cupboard and poured her some chocolate milk. I put it in front of her and she took it with her two baby hands and then took a sip. I opened the refrigerator door and took out what I needed to prepare breakfast.

Ariel stammered trying to say a word. She started laughing and I laughed with her, not knowing what we were laughing at. She gave me her bottle and I went to fill it with more chocolate milk. I knew Emma would kill me for giving her so much chocolate, but now it didn’t matter. I began to prepare breakfast.

I took my phone while stirring the contents in the pan. Ariel was babbling and moving the blanket from one side to another. I gave her a cookie and she left bottle of milk to try to eat the cookie. I felt two arms around my waist and lips pressed against back. I smiled and poured the food onto two plates. I leaned over and kissed Emma's lips.

“Good morning beautiful.” I whispered.

I took the dishes to the table. Ariel was sucking cookie, unable to bite it. I took a couple of bites from my plate and walked to the door, putting on my shoes.

“Aren’t you taking breakfast?” Emma asked.

“No, I have to go to the studio.” I said.

I took my car keys and my jacket. I returned to the kitchen and gave Emma a kiss and then kissed Ariel’s forehead. I left the apartment, closing the door behind me. I pressed the button to call the elevator. I went down and got into my car, started the engine and pressing the pedal.

I parked the car in front of the studio. I got out of the car and entered the studio. I greeted the receptionist. I went into the recording room and sat next to Niall, greeting everyone with a wave with the hand. All greeted me with the same gesture.

“And? What with that guy?” Louis asked, sitting next to me.

“Who? Ivan? Today he is supposed to take care of Ariel together with Emma, you know, so Ariel begins to know him.”

“And how Emma took it?”

“Emma almost kicked him out.” I said laughing and Louis laughed with me.

Emma’s P.O.V.

Ivan was on the living room floor while playing with Ariel. I watched as Ivan’s eyes lit up as he looked at Ariel laughing. He watched her the way that Harry never looked her. I bit my lower lip and my eyes went back to my chemistry book. I kept writing in my notebook, answering homework questions.