Chapter 28

He promised...

Emma's P.O.V.

Harry had his fingers entwined with mine as we walked down the street. I held the strap of my backpack with my free hand. The hot evening was falling upon us. The street was deserted except for some people and some cars occasionally passing next to us. The air made some looks of my hair flew in the air. The warm sunlight felt great on my skin. Harry's fingers were stroking my hand, making my skin to grow goose bumps.

"When will you go to your cousins' house?" Harry asked in a whisper.

"Next week... Wanna go?"

We were in silent for a while. I pressed my lips together and tucked the strap of my bag pack over my shoulder. He did not answer and I regretted asking. I felt silly. I looked out of the corner of my eye and bit my lower lip.

"Sure. Why not?"

I rest my head on his shoulder and he passed his arm around my waist. We walked enjoying the sun and the breeze of the early summer.

I closed my suitcase. I sigh. 

"Emma, are you ready? We gotta go." Tom said entering to my room.

I nodded and he helped me carry my suitcase in the car. Harry was standing at the door, with Aiden in his arms. Aiden opened his arms to me. I took him in my arms and he wrapped his arms around my neck. We would go with Derek and Meredith.

Harry opened the door for me. I smiled and he smiled back, I climbed in the car and Aiden sat in my lap. He took two of my fingers with his little hand and I buried my face in his blond hair. 

Harry got in the car and wrapped his arm around my waist. I knew we had a long trip, so I cuddled next to Harry and rested my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes when I felt that Aiden fell asleep curling one lack of my hair in his little hand.

The smell of salt water invaded my senses while we were on the road by the sea. The sun was setting behind the sea and the sky was tinged with pink and orange. I looked at Derek out of the corner of my eyes as he drives while Meredith slept quietly in the passenger seat. Harry was sleeping with her head on my shoulder.

I love the sunsets here. They were always different; no one was like the previous one. The stars in the night shine more here than anywhere else, the sea water was always perfect and you could watch the dolphins swim. This was my paradise.

And when we get to that point of the beach where the sand was whiter the sea bluer and the sun brighter, I knew that the trip was over.

I woke up Harry and climb off the car with Aiden in my arms. His little arms around my neck, his head between my shoulder and neck and his little hand holding the lock of my hair, while sleeping. The door opened and my cousins ​​came out to welcome us.

Dylan came out and frowned when he saw Harry. He turned to look me and raised an eyebrow as if to say "What's he doing here?". I shrugged my shoulders and acted like I didn't care. He walked towards me and leaned forward until his lips were next to my ear.

"We have to talk, about all of this." He whispered.

I nod and look my suitcase with my free hand and entered to the house, while Harry followed me. 

The moon was at its highest point. Its silvery shine over the sea and the beach, over me. The stars in their purest splendor. I hugged my legs, submerged in my thoughts while watching the sea. I felt the air stir some locks of my hair. I closed my eyes enjoying the summer breeze mixed with the sea and the soothing sound of the waves in the middle of the night.

I remembered all the times I had been on that beach, sitting in the same place, looking at the same moon, the same stars, the same sky blue sea. All though all times the sky seemed different, the moon was different and the sea was very different than the previous time. I felt my heart beating against my chest. I could hear everything around me. This was my place, here I belonged.

Heard as the door opened a few feet behind me, and how made that slightly sound when someone stepped on it. How the air flowed taking the words and thoughts, taking everything. Dylan sat beside me, with his eyes staring at the sea.

"What is he doing here?" He asked.

And even if he didn't day his name, I keen perfectly who was he talking about and I didn't like the tone that he use. 

"I invited him." I shrugged.

"Yea... Buy, why?"

"Because I want to spend time with him." I said obvious tone.

"Emma... I know that you have a big heart... And that's why you always end with a broken heart...

"He didn't want to hurt me." I spit.

He sighs.

"I'm not telling that he wanted to hurt you, but I don't want you to end heartbroken."

"He promised me." I whispered.

"Emma..."

"I trust in him." I said standing up.

"I just want you to choose the best for you and you to know that I will be always here."

"I know and thanks."

I did not want to keep talking, at least not about this. I walk towards the house. I entered the house cleaning the sand that was on my clothes. Everyone was sleeping. Only the hall light was on. I watch the clock. Eleven and a half. I gave a slight yawn.

I climbed up the stairs and walk to the room that Harry and I shared with one of my cousins ​​and her boyfriend. I opened the door carefully and quietly. The room was lit by the soft silver light of the moon coming through the window. I walk over climbed to bed, trying not to wake up Harry.

I stared at nothing for a while. I lay down and curled up against Harry and he wrapped his arms around me. I buried my face in his neck and left a kiss there before I fell asleep...

(Thanks for reading, voting and commenting. Thanks for the 200+ reads. I LOVE YOU! xoxoxoxox)