Chapter 22

Hurt you without a touch -part1-

 Harry's P.O.V.

Three days. Three long days without seeing Emma. After she stopped to have nightmares about what almost happened with 'pervert smile James' I had to go to Liverpool for three days, but now I am here again. I stopped the car in front of Emma's house. I climb off it and I walked with long steps to the door. I rang the bell and run a hand through my hair. I was moving from front to back anxiously in my own feet. I slipped my hands on my pants pockets and y started to bit my lower lip nervously. The door opened and I saw blond hair with a blue-grey eyes.

"Harry... What are you doing here?" Said Marie, Emma's mom.

"I came to see Emma." I said making a face; I knew that mi lip was almost bleeding so I stop to bite it. 

"Honey... Emma is sick..."

Sick? I frown.

"So with more reason I have to see her." I said entering the house.

I heard how Marie closed the front door behind me. I went upstairs to Emma's room. I could hear Derek, Richard and Emma's dad talking about her in whispers. I knocked the door softly a couple of times and opened it. Emma was cuddled in bed, under a lot of blankets, with one big hoodie and her brown hair in a messy bun. The curtains were closed and the air conditioner refreshing the room.

"Hi." She said with hoarsely voice.

"Hi baby." I said and sat in the edge of her bed. 

I wrapped my arms around her. Her skin was burning because of the fever. Her skin was a bit pale. I cuddle with her. She buried her face into my neck. I gave a kiss in her forehead. She smelled like raspberries, like always. Her blue-green eyes surrounded by grey circles, a signal that tells me that she hasn't slept well. Her lips without that pink color. I knew that she was feeling weak because she wasn't even trying to move.

"How are you feeling princess?" I ask in a soft whispered.

"Better because you are here." She responded.

"Why didn't you tell me that you are sick?"

"You were busy... And I knew that if I told you would have picked the first fly. Am I wrong?"

I thought about it for a few seconds... No, she was right. That was exactly what I should have done. I smiled, she knows me so well.

I started to sing softly. Minutes later Emma was sleeping in my arms. I continued to sing while I buried my noise in her hair. I slide my hand to hers and my fingers occupied the space between hers. I felt her skin burning more and more. Thin layer of sweat on her forehead and I could notice that she was dehydrated. She will be okay. It's only flu, right? 

Two days passed in which I was all afternoon with Emma while her skin burned in fever and became more and more pale. I was distracted all time. I couldn't stop thinking of her. And if she gets worse? And if something really bad happened...? I shook my head trying not to think about that. I took a deep breath and I tighten my hands in the steering wheel while waiting for the red light to turn green.

The sound of my phone made me to return to this world.

"Hi?"

"Harry." Aiden's sweet baby voice filled up my ears.

"Aiden? What happened?"

"They took Emma." He said in a whisper, worried.

"Where?"

"To the hospital."

I felt how everything stopped, even my heart. I was frozen. The sound of the cars behind me took me out of my mind. I hit the pedal and turned left on the corner. I tried to control my speed, but I couldn't. And without knowing how, from one second to another I was in the hospital. I knew that o parked between two spaces. I knew that I would get in trouble because of my speed. I knew that I even took the keys of the car... I don't care about that. I entered and began to walk through the halls.

I was walking with no direction, with my mind clouded thanks to the thoughts that were changing very fast, forming a bid could full of words, pictures and sounds. The headache didn't last to appear. At the end of the hall way I saw Derek sitting with his head in his hands. I sat next to him and with his face I knew that he didn't know about her yet. I crossed my arms against my chest and sink into the black plastic chair. I closed my eyes. "It's just a bad dream... Just a bad dream." I repeated to myself over and over again, wishing that that were true. I opened my eyes after some minutes, wanting to be in my bed, holding Emma in my arms. 

But that don't happened. The only thing I saw when I opened where the white walls, with a deep blue line crossing horizontally the middle of it, of the hospital. I sigh in frustration. Why when all was going so well something has to happen and popped my happiness bubble? I frown.

The doctor opens the double doors. Derek and I got up immediately.

"And?" Derek asked desperately.

"We found amatoxin in the blood of Miss Smith. The amatoxin is a kind of poison..."

"Poison?!" I interrupted.

Yes. What it does is that it kills cells slowly until it produces a cardiac or respiratory arrest ... That is the reason for the head and stomachaches and fever. Pale skin is because her cells were dying. The amatoxin acts slowly, but I still surprised she's still alive."

Wait... What?! It surprised him? I wide opened my eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"That after four days she should be dead..."

I plopped down in the chair, running my hands through my curls frustrated. I breathe deeply as I could and let out all the air slowly. I went to my eye doctor who was still standing in front of me, checking the papers in his hands.

"Can I see her?" I whispered.

"Not yet ... We have to wait yet. The exams are not ready and we just put her serum ..."

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I searched with my hand until I found it. Derek went on talking to the doctor as I walked a little from them. I opened the message and read it.

"You see? I don't need to be near. I can hurt you without a touch."

(Sorry for don't uptating yesterday, but my wifi is freaking out. I'm sooooooo sorry. Thanks for all your comments. Keep reading, voting and commenting. Love you all! xoxox. Ps: if my wifi continues to freak out I will update the chapter on saturday with my cousing wifi. XD)