Chapter 29

The sunset

Harry's P.O.V.

I shifted in bed, restless because of the hot sun coming through the window. I opened my eyes to find myself in an empty room. A thin layer of sweat rested on my forehead. The whole house was completely silent. I pass his hands over his face. I went barefoot down the stairs reluctantly.

The house was empty. I entered the kitchen and saw on the table a glass of apple juice with a plate with breakfast served. The smell of food woke up my appetite. I took the note that was near the plate of food.

"Harry: I didn't want to wake you. We are in Jonny's house. There's more juice in the fridge. Emma x"

I left the house after I took breakfast and a shower, closing the door behind me. The sun shone with fury and the heat was stifling. I started to walk along the beach, watching the turquoise blue sea. The sand glistened in the sun and all the people walking down the street wearing short shorts and sleeveless shirts. 

This was life. Having the sea fifty meters from your house and get out into the street without anything bothering you. I understood perfectly why Emma was so in love with this. The sand to tickle my feet. There were no cameras, no scandals, and no girls pulling me by my clothes. Just me, the beach and the sea...

The noise of motorcycles going at full speed on the main street made me jump. All they passed in front of me like black and white smears. All motorcycles were driven by guys without shirts, while the girls were with their arms wrapped around the guys’ waists. All except the last one, this was driven by a girl.

She stopped in front of me. She removed her helmet and smiled. Her green eyes that unique shine. I smiled. She looked beautiful with her hair all tousled and one of my shirts and short shorts.

"You're going to come or you staying there?"

I smiled, got in and spend my arms around her waist. I kissed her cheek. She handed me the helmet. I took it in my hands.

"Aren't you using it?" I asked.

"I prefer that you use it." She said and winked.

I rested my chin on her shoulder and the engine roared. She increased speed and the sea breeze hit us in the face. Things passing around us like a blur and I hugged her waist tightly. The locks of her hair escaping from the elastic band that holds her hair in a ponytail. I breathed her sweet perfume and placed a kiss on her shoulder.

"If you continue to do that we will crash." She said and I smiles against her skin.

She stopped in front Jonny's house. I climbed off the bike and took her hand, helping her down. Them I wrapped my arms around her waist, rested my chin on her shoulder and entered the house. The two of us laughed as we tried to walk without falling to the sand. We entered the house and I laughed against her shoulder.

"You can let her go now." Dylan said dryly.

Emma glared at him and I let her go, dropping my hands to my sides.

Aiden laughed as Emma and I chased him along the beach. His little feet leaving footprints in the wet sand. Emma took him from behind and raised him in the air. He squealed with delight. I giggled. He kissed Emma's cheek.

Aiden started to laugh when he found a starfish. It was moving while Aiden carefully touched it. Emma was kneeling next to him as she said that he had to be careful. He stared at the small brown star, frowning. He passed his fingers carefully over it and move away every time the star moved in response to his touch.

The three of us stood in the edge of the sea. The cool water lightly touching our tiptoes. 

"One... Two... Three..." We screamed before running to the sea, letting the waves splash us.

Aiden began to splash water to us. I took him and put him on my shoulders. He laughed and Emma tried to reach us as we ran away from her. Aiden was holding my hair, holding two locks between his little hands. Emma reached us and I lean giving her a little to kiss on the lips...

My fingers were intertwined with Emma. We walked down the street under the sun. The sunglasses I was wearing didn't let the sunlight blind me. She gave me a spoon of her vanilla ice cream and I smiled.

The air smelled delicious... A mix of sea, beach and flowers. The streets were quiet and I could hear the laughter of children playing and the voices of the mothers of these chatting. I could see some guys surfing while the girls were walking along the beach.

"Why are they looking at us?" I whispered.

"Because you're new... Long time no one come here. That's why this town is so quiet..."

We walked by the sea, with the water touching our feet. I splashed water at Emma and she frowned before splashing me water. We laughed as we continued throwing water at each other. We were both soaked, but did not stop. We kept laughing like there was no tomorrow. I took her in my arms and started to walk towards the sea.

"Don't Harry! Let me go!" She screamed while trying to escape out of my grip and kicked.

She punched and pushed me, but I did not let go. I walked to the water until it reached my waist and dropped her into the water. She surfaced, spat water and then took a deep breath. 

She withdrew the hair that was clung to her face as I laughed. She held out her hand so I help her up. I took it and she pulled me, making me fall into the water. We both plunged into the water and I took her by the waist before heading back to the surface...

The sky was dyed in red and orange. The sun was setting behind the sea. The music echoed through the beach while everyone danced. I sipped from my glass. I was watching Emma while she danced with her cousins and laughed. 

The music encouraged its rhythm and couples began to join. The small lights adorning the place became more tenuous. And the flowers smell became stronger. I left my glass on the table and walked to Emma. 

"Let me this dance?" I asked Emma, winking at her. 

She gave me a half smile. I put my hands on her waist and she wrapped her arms around my neck. We started to move slowly while the sun blew its last rays behind the sea, reflecting the sky. I pressed my forehead against Emma. Her eyes on mine.

She rested her head on my shoulder and I kissed her hair. I hugged her tiny waist, pressing her against me, eliminating the space between us.

"This is perfect." I whispered.

"Everything is perfect when you are with me."

"This is so beautiful." I said while staring to the big full moon, in front of me.

"I know. That’s why I love to come here."

I smiled. No one could see here. The music was a distant sound, like all voices. All I could hear was the sea and our breaths. And despite being and half past one, there was cold. The air was warm, perfect.

Emma rested her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead. She approached her hand to her neck and pulled the chain to show me the little pendant with the letter "H". I smiled and did the same, showing mine with the letter "E".

I leaned toward her and pressed my lips against hers. She leaned back resting on the sand. I intertwined my fingers with hers and kissed her forehead.

"Don’t let me go… Never" I whispered against her lips.

"Never" She whispered and cups my cheeks with her hands, staring at my eyes.

She was my everything, everything I wanted and needed. I put my arms around her, holding her. The moon in her silver eyes. My eyes looked to her lips. I bit my lower lip. The sound of the waves behind us. She rolls up a lock of my hair in her fingers and I kissed her lips again, stroking her waist with my thumbs...