Chapter 49

Think about it

Emma’s P.O.V.

He was going to kiss me? He was going to kiss me! And I couldn’t move. Trevor kept getting closer to me, his lips almost touching mine. And before I could think, before he could kiss me, my hand collided with his cheek. I stepped back in shock. I couldn’t believe what I had done. I looked at Trevor as if I had killed him.

He brought his hand to her flushed cheek. He rubbed his cheek as he watched me.

“I… I’m sorry.” That was the only thing that went out of my lips.

I turned around and walked out the door, leaving the roof. He was right; things could change in a week. Our friendship, or what remained of it, had been destroyed in five minutes. Since he entered the roof.

Harry’s P.O.V.

“Why are you so quiet?” My mom asked, putting a cup of tea in front of me.

It had been three days since Emma was gone. I needed her, I missed her. But that wasn’t what was going through my mind at that time. In fact I hadn’t thought about that for about hours. I had been busy thinking of a solution to my problem, the problem I had had since I met Emma. And simply no one fit in my mind. All were absurd or stupid. Even childish and ineffective.

“Mom… I don’t know what to do. I feel that at any moment Emma will leave. That she simply will decide that I am not enough or what she expected. And I don’t know what to do to keep her from leaving.”

Mom stayed in silence. She looked at me for some seconds and then shook her head no. She turned and continued with what she was doing.

“What?” I asked her. I perfectly knew that she was thinking something.

“I know that you perfectly know the solution to your problem.”

I frowned, not understanding what she meant. I closed my eyes, trying to understand her words. I thought of the possible solutions... "How can keep her from going away? That she is forever with my..." Those words sounded so familiar in my mind.

I opened my eyes when I understood what she meant. I looked at her.

“You know that's not my thing.”

She shrugged.

“You asked for a solution and I gave you one. You never specified that it must conform to what you wanted. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices.”

“That’s something too big.”

“Will things really change for you? Have you ever thought about what she wants? You can’t expect her to do what you want all the time. And that's your problem. You think she needs to do what you think and you don’t stop to think about what she wants.”

I made a face.

“You make it seem that I'm selfish in a not so obvious way.”

“I never said that you weren’t…”

“Thanks for flattering so much, mom.” I said rolling my eyes.

“You have to learn to accept your flaws. Don’t be so stubborn and think about it.”

“I won’t think about it. I don’t like it, stop.” I said crossing my arms and frowning like a five years old kid.

“Then someone else will forward you and she will go out through that door. Did you think you could have it strapped to the table or abducted in this apartment?”

“No…”

She looked at me, knowing that I was lying. She shook her head and I shrugged. I never said that my ideas were great or at least real.