Chapter 53

Want, desire, longing... Love

Harry’s P.O.V.

I don’t know how long I stood outside in the snow, which was falling slowly. Gemma came and dragged me inside. I hadn’t realized that I was cold until I sat in one of the high chairs that were in front of the table and noticed that my whole body was shaking.

Emma approached me and covered me with a blanket. She handed me a cup of tea. I knew she was mad at me, but more than anger her eyes reflected sadness. She ran her hands through my hair, removing all traces of snow. The warmth returned to my body and my skin was no longer pale. Emma kissed my forehead. I looked at her and took another sip of my tea.

“It’s one a.m. already, do you want to go?” She asked me.

I nodded slightly. I stood up and Emma reached into the pocket of my pants, taking out the car keys. We said goodbye to everyone and left the house. Emma got in the car and turned it on. I usually drove. But I was so deep in thought that I’ll surely crash the car if I drive.

I entered the apartment and went upstairs absently. I entered the room and sat on the bed. Emma looked at me with concern. She approached me.

“What about a bath?” She asked me.

Before I could answer she went to the bathroom. I listened as the water began to run, filling the tub. I sighed and got out of bed. I took off my coat and beanie, shaking my curls. The raspberry and vanilla scented of the soap, which probably was creating foam in the bathtub, began to fill the air.

The hot water surrounded us. Emma played with the fingers of my right hand. She was sitting between my legs. Her wet hair was resting on her shoulder. I passed my finger, unconsciously, over her soft wet skin. She rested her head on my shoulder. I kissed her shoulder. The hot water relaxed my muscles and I was breathing deeply, arming myself with courage.

I looked at the mark I had left on her arm a few hours ago.

“I'm sorry about today.” I said running my fingers gently over the red mark I had left in her arm.

“I really don’t understand you Harry. No matter what I do you always distrust me.” She snuggled closer to me, moving the soap bubbles around us.

I sighed against her hair.

“Have you ever wanted longing, desire, and love something so much that when you finally got it you fear losing it? That's exactly what I get with you. I waited so long and now I don’t want to lose you.” I pressed my lips against her shoulder.

She turned around, causing some of the water from the tub slammed into the white floor of the bathroom. She took my face in her hands. Her chest was next to mine. Her green eyes stared at me. She removed the locks that stuck to my forehead because of the water. Water drops fall down her hair, down her body until they fall back to the bathwater.

“You won’t lose me.” She whispered.

Her eyes looked blue because of the dim light.

“I love you.” I whispered.

“I know.” She said looking at the bracelet I had given her, which now was next to her clothes.

I hugged her tightly. She wrapped her arms around my neck. She rested her forehead over mine. I smiled and with a quick movement took her lips between mine. She kissed me back. She tangled her fingers through my curls. I hugged her passing my arms around her waist. Her lips moved over mine. She started stroking my back with her hands. My lips moved from her lips to her neck.

A small moan escaped her lips. With one smooth motion I her back, laying her back in the tub...

I handed her a towel and Emma wrapped the towel around her body. Emma looked the love bites I had left on her neck and ran her fingers gently over the red mark on her neck; that will take a purple color. She closed her eyes and a shiver ran through her body. We left the bathroom. Emma sat on the edge of the bed while I dressed. I took the brush and sat behind her. I brushed her hair while she was silent. I looked at her profile and kissed her cheek. She was still staring at her hands.

I put her one of my shirts and sat beside her. She looked at me. Not a word escaped her lips.

“What happened, Emma?”

“I don’t understand it…”

“What?”

“Why we always come back to this fucking circle. All is going well, then something makes us doubt about the other, end up arguing or doing the silent law and then everything is okay again... But we both know that isn’t completely solved because we will fall into the same thing over and over again. And there will come a day when one of us will get sick of it and leave. And then everything will end. There will be nothing to fight for. We will continue and years later we realize that we were stupid and we should have had to stay together. I don’t know who will get sick first. You or me? And maybe you have a reason to fear, but... What if I'm the one I lose you?”

“Emma that won’t happen…”

“How can you assure that?”

“How can YOU assure me that?”

“You perfectly know that I’m completely yours, in body and soul.”

“But you don’t know if you’ll get sick of me.” I said getting up and running my hands through my ​​hair.

“You see? We are a couple of sentences to argue.”

“We will not argue.” I said, calming myself.

“How do you know? That’s part of the cycle, no?

“Stop talking about that fucking cycle.”

“You know it’s true.”

“Emma…”

“You know I have reason, but your fears and your pride will not let you admit it.”

“Stop it Emma! That fucking cycle doesn’t exist! You don’t have the reason, I’ll stay and you will stay here with me!”

“We're already discussing.” She whispered, looking into my eyes.

I breathed deeply. I relaxed my body and looked. She was right. And every one of her words had left a doubt in my mind...