Chapter 48

Far away

Harry’s P.O.V.

It was half past four in the morning. I was sitting in bed, looking at Emma sleeping peacefully. The sky was just beginning to clear. The cold winter air was beginning to appear. I bit my lip. I couldn’t wake her and she would lose the flight and stay with me. But I couldn’t be selfish and prevent her from go. Carefully I pulled back strands of her face.

Her pink lips were clenched and her arms under her head. I approached her and brushed my lips against her skin. I held her against me, I will miss all this. I ran my fingers through her hair.

“Emma… Wake up babe.” I said shaking her shoulder.

She growled really low, but stretched on the bed, trying to wake up. She wrapped her body in white sheet covering her nakedness skin. Half asleep she stood up and walked stumbling to the bathroom, stumbling several times with my clothes on the floor. She closed the door and I could hear the sound of water falling on the floor of the shower.

I just put on the first thing I found. Emma's suitcases were by the door of our room. Emma left the bathroom with a towel around her body and still somewhat asleep. She reached into the closet for something to wear. She found what she needed and got dressed. I took the brush and as she put on her shoes I brushed her hair. She gave me a small kiss on the lips.

She finished dressing up. I took her bags and we both walked to the elevator. I looked her out of the corner of the eye. Her head covered by a beanie. A simple white blouse with black skinny jeans were over her body. Sandals with gold trims, like her bracelet. Her lips were red because biting them so much and her hair was still a little wet. I will miss every inch of her.

I would miss her kisses. I would miss hugging her at night. I would miss running my fingers through her ​​soft skin as I said I love her. I would miss how every day I wake up next to her. I would miss when she whispered in my ear and then laughed tangling her fingers through my hair.

I hugged Emma as tightly as I could. I had held her hand all the way to the airport while I was driving. We had breakfast at Starbucks. I tried, as much as I could, to delay this time. But I couldn’t do anything. In a few minutes she would go out that door and there won’t be turning back.

I remembered Derek’s words... "It all ended when she left... They were not mature enough for a long distance relationship... She had to travel more months... She broke up with him…"

I closed my eyes tightly. Her little body between my arms. I will miss her, perhaps too much. I walked away a little and looked into her eyes.

“What's the matter Harry?” She whispered.

“You said whenever I felt you were going and you wouldn’t return I had to look into your eyes and you come back to me.”

She smiled and patted my cheek. He knew he was being exaggerated, but did not want to go with Trevor "pervert idiot".

“Harry, you’ve been gone on tour for months. I’ll only go one week.”

She was right, but it was different. She was always there when I returned, but this time she had the option of not returning. Emma always felt like every time I was going on tour? I looked up and saw Trevor staring. I frowned and gave him a look, telling him not to go near Emma.

“Students, it’s time for you to go into the airplane.” Professor Young said. I think I hate him more now.

Emma gave me one last kiss before boarding the plane. She turned around before entering and waved her hand. I waved my hand and she gave me a small smile before entering the plane.

Emma’s P.O.V.

I looked out the window and saw Harry turning around with his hands shoved in the pockets of his black pants. The seat next to me was occupied and turned my head. Trevor smiled at me. I smiled back as best I could. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and I connected the headphones. I put them on and gave play to music, then close your eyes.

All left the airport with our bags in our hands. Trevor walked beside me, but I just wanted to get away from him. We were all gathered in front of the bus that would take us to the hotel. Mr. Young and Mr. Richardson, my biology teacher, were in the midst of all of us with papers in their hands.

“Okay, we will assign the rooms before going to the hotel. Please behave well. You must be in your hotel rooms at ten. After that time the guys cannot be in the rooms of the girls and vice versa. Please young people; we don’t want anyone to go home, so please control your hormones until we return to England.” Professor Young said laughing.

Everyone laughed very low. Professor Richardson began to assign the rooms. I was looking at the messages from my mother wishing me good luck until I heard my name being called.

“Emma Smith and Brook Simons… Room 348.”

This has to be a joke. Could I have paired with someone worse? No, that couldn’t be possible. No one was worse than the 'whore' of the class... Or should I say of college? I sighed frustrated. It just has been an hour in Germany and my trip was already ruined. I could bear Trevor; in fact I liked him as a person, but Brook not even in a joke.

Everyone started boarding. I put my phone in the back pocket of my pants. I took my bags and boarded the bus.

“I would take the bed next to the window.” said the girl dyed blonde hair.

I shrugged. I don’t really care where she sleeps, as long as she doesn’t get into my things. At least the room has two bathrooms and I don’t have to share the bathroom with her. I did not want catch it in some of the possible diseases that she could have after sleeping with half of the university. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and left it on my bed. I went to the closet in my side of the room. I put my suitcase on the floor and opened it. I started to put my clothes in the closet.

“I don’t understand how your boyfriend chose you.” Brook said behind me.

I turned around and saw Brook with my phone in her hands, looking at the messages that Harry had sent me. I frowned and snatched it from her hands. She raised her hands, defending herself. Brook had that fake smile on her face with too much makeup on. I winced. Actually the strong smell of her perfume was getting me nauseous.

I put my phone in my pocket and left the room. I needed some fresh air and the only way to get it was up to the roof. I took the elevator to the top floor of the hotel. Then I went upstairs and opened the door to the roof. The sound of the metal door echoed being opened in my ears.

I went to the edge, resting my arms on the edge of concrete. I stared at the city. I was nine o’clock and Berlin was illuminated. The cars were still running through the streets like it was noon. The colorful lights of nightclubs gave life to the city. I sighed, remembering how Harry and I had been here in Germany a few times to visit my grandparents and my father's sister.

I heard the roof door open behind me. I turned around and saw Trevor. He smiled sheepishly and I smiled back. He stood next to me, looking at the city. We were both in silent, the cold air hitting us in the face.

“I can’t believe that you have to share room with Brook.” He whispered.

“Me neither.”

“You know? I think that in this week many things will change.” He said turning to look at me. I looked at him too.

“I don’t think that many things can change in a week…”

“You'd be surprised what can happen in a week.”

He moved closer to me. I stood frozen in my place, not knowing what to do.

“I like things the way they are now; I don’t want anything to change.” I said, while he continued to get closer to me.

“How do you know that everything will be better if it changes? You haven’t seen that and you don’t know if you'll like it more.” His lips were inches from mine and I don’t know what to do. I was frozen in my place, I could not even move. Was he going to kiss me? He was going to kiss me! And I couldn’t move...