Chapter 1

The destiny

Gemma's P.O.V

Eleanor, Danielle and I went to Starbucks and as soon as we got out of the shop, we were surrounded by fans. We didn't mind taking a few snaps with them but when we were trapped in the chaos for two hours the panic was beginning to show in our demeanour. We tried to leave the chaos behind, but we couldn't- suddenly a black car stopped in front of us. The tinted glass went down and a girl with white skin, light brown hair and green eyes smiled to us as she slowly came into view.

"Need some help?" She asked, smiling with her red, chapped lips.

Elle, Dani and I vacillate for a moment, but after realizing the mob wouldn’t falter we hopped inside the car hesitantly. The girl made the engine rumble, a clear indication to the fans to move out of our way. After we got out of there, the girl started to drive normally. The first one to talk was Elle.

"Thanks..." She paused when she realized that she didn't know the girls name.

"Emma, my name is Emma," the girl said smiling widely as she watched us on the rear-view mirror while keeping a careful eye on the road.

"Are you a fan?" Danielle asked raising an eyebrow, having a hunch.

She smiled and blushed a bit.

"Yeah, I'm a fan."

"Are you going to kidnap us?" Elle asked joking.

Emma laughed and shook her head. "No, I won't kidnap you," she said smiling. "Now, where do you want me to take you?"

"You know that big hotel near the London Eye... uhm... what it is called...?" I said trying to remember the name.

"I think I know which one you're talking about."

Some minutes later Danielle talked, "I think I've seen you before."

"Maybe you saw me during a concert?" Emma questioned as she turned right around the corner.

"No," Danielle said, pondering for a moment. "Aren't you that girl that ice skates? The ice princess?"

Emma laughed and nodded. Danielle smiled when she realized that she was right.

Emma was a little shy, but very friendly and funny. We laughed and talked a lot. Danielle has seen Emma skating many a time on television.

"Will you like to go to a competition?" Emma said.

"Sure!"

"I have one in a couple of days... I am allowed to bring as many people as I want."

"Really?" Dani said with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, I would love for you to come."

My phone rang at that moment; I took it out of my pocket. It was Harry. We were almost three hours late. I contemplated a little, thinking if I should pick it up or just let it ring. I sighed and touched the screen, answering Harry's call.

"Hello?" I said into the receiver, whispering slightly. I knew Harry would be mad because we were late.

"Gemma... Where are you?" He said more worried than mad.

"It wasn't our fault. But a nice girl named Emma is taking us to the hotel," I smiled. "Wait, I will pass her the phone."

Emma stopped when the light went red and I gave her the phone.

"Hi?" She said a little shy.

"Thanks for taking the girls," I could heard my brother's voice.

"No problem," she whispered.

Emma gave me back the phone because the light changed to green. I talked to him for a little more assuring him that we would be there soon.

Some minutes later Emma stopped in front of the hotel. And though my directions were pathetic and not very clear, she understood and took us to the right hotel. We exchanged numbers and bid farewell. She promised to call us that night and waved as we saw the black car disappear down the street.

We went inside the hotel and into the elevator, after reaching the door we entered the room and sat down with the boys in the living. Elle sat in Lou's lap and started explaining why we were late. Harry wasn't even paying attention. He was just there pretending to listen to us but I'm his sister, I knew he wasn't paying attention. But as soon as Danielle said the name Emma, he started to act nervous.

We talk and eat for hours, especially Niall. But Harry didn't move. He was sitting there lost in his thoughts; he didn’t even seem to breathe. We had told the guys about the ice skating competition and they loved the idea. Zayn asked if he could take Safaa and I said there was no problem. At six o'clock my phone rang.

"Hi? Emma?"

"Hello Gemma... I was calling you to ask how many people were coming to the competition."

"Uh... Could they be nine?"

"Sure, no problem. I will leave the tickets on the front desk of the lobby."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

That night Harry went to sleep early, very early. We stayed awake a couple of hours more. I went to my bedroom, took my laptop and sat on my bed. I saw that Emma’s bubble was green on Skype. I hesitated whether or not I should call. But I decided that I had to talk to her.

"Hi," she said appearing in my screen.

"Hi," I said smiling. "I own you one for what you did for us."

"No problem."

We talked and laughed for about an hour. The truth is that she is very funny. We laughed on everything and talked about dumb things. She was sitting on her bed and every time I said something funny she covered her face with a pillow, so her laugh wouldn’t wake up somebody. A little boy about two years old appeared and climbed into her bed.

"Who is he?" I asked.

He was just like Emma. White skin, green eyes and almost blond hair. He smiled sweetly. He looked very cute. He put his head on Emma's lap, almost falling asleep. He was looking me with his big green eyes, while Emma was stoking his hair.

"He is Aiden, my nephew." She said smiling, while he closed his eyes.

"He's so cute... Like a little Niall."

She smiled. We talked some minutes more. Aiden was peacefully sleeping in Emma's lap. We said goodbye at ten o'clock. I closed my laptop. I went under the blankets and closed my eyes sinking in a deep sleep.