Just Breathe

I sat in my seat and watched Brittany and Santana started their assignment.

Santana: Oh! Let's go!

Brittany: Steve walks warily down the street with the brim pulled way down low. Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet, machine guns ready to go. Are you ready, hey, are you ready for this? Are you hanging on the edge of your seat? Out of the doorway the bullets rip, to the sound of the beat.

I tapped my foot to the beat Finn was hitting the drums at.

Brittany: Another one bites the dust. Another one bites the dust And another one gone, and another one gone another one bites the dust. Hey, I'm gonna get you, too, another one bites the dust.

I needed to figure out what I was gonna do. I can't bow down to Sue like I'm her slave.

Santana: How do you think I'm going to get along without you when you're gone? You took me for everything that I had and kicked me out on my own. Are you happy, are you satisfied? How long can you stand the heat? Out of the doorway the bullets rip, to the sound of the beat.

Both: Another one bites the dust. Another one bites the dust. And another one gone, and another one gone another one bites the dust. Hey, I'm gonna get you, too another one bites the dust.

Everyone started to clap to the beat and sing backing lyrics as Santana and Brittany both rocked out.

Both: Another one bites the dust. Another one bites the dust. And another one gone, and another one gone another one bites the dust. Hey, I'm gonna get you, too another one bites the dust.

Everyone clapped as they hugged each other. All three of them sat back down. "That was awesome, good job you two!" Mr. Schuester smiled. "Everyone take five, Blaine is up next!" Mr. Schuester looked at me. "Camila, you're dismissed to the student council room." I nodded and grabbed my backpack. I put my books and binders in my bag and walked out. I turned and started down the hallway.

Camila: You with the sad eyes. Don't be discouraged, oh I realize. It's hard to take courage. In a world full of people you can lose sight of it all and the darkness inside you, can make you feel so small.

I held the bottom of my elbows in my hands as I looked down at my feet and continued to walk.

Camila: But I see your true colors, shining through. I see your true colors, and that's why I love you, so don't be afraid to let them show your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow.

How can I outsmart Sue? She's so smart, but a bitch at the same time. She is like a real housewive doppelganger, but in coach form!

Camila: Show me a smile then, don't be unhappy, can't remember when I last saw you laughing. If this world makes you crazy and you've taken all you can bear. You call me up, because you know I'll be there.

I made it to the room and put the lights on.

Camila: But I see your true colors, shining through. I see your true colors, and that's why I love you, so don't be afraid to let them show your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow.

I pulled out the student council binder and sat down. I sighed and opened it.

Camila: I see your true colors, and that's why I love you, so don't be afraid to let them show your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow.

*************

It was around eleven at night. The white board was completely filled up with agendas and things we needed to work out. Phone numbers were scribbled here and there, and in bold marker was the schedule for Friday of what the ninth graders will be doing during the day here. The under part of my eyes were heavy with bags as I stared at the board. I turned around and then stared at all of the papers scattered across the tables and floor.

"You look like you're planning a plot to kill someone." Finn knocked on the door. My stress level went from three thousand to three hundred when he started talking. "I feel like I could at this point." I rubbed my forehead. He carefully stepped over the papers on the ground and sat in a empty seat. "What are you doing here? You should be at home finishing up Mrs. Dubose's homework." I sat down in a seat. "Julie wanted me to drive you home tonight." I crossed my arms and smiled. "Oh, so you guys are on first name bases now." I turned my head. "Pretty much, I guess you could say she's my knew best friend." He smirked. I picked up my mint box and threw it at him. We shared a laugh before my mind went back to focusing on Friday.

"God I don't know what I'm gonna do Finn." I sighed. "You know Sue won't stop. She'll probably end up taking the Glee Club out." His mood changed. "That's my point!" I exclaimed, getting up and starting to pull papers from the ground. "There are hundreds of kids coming from that middle school next year. Most of them will think Glee is a dumb club. Then, it'll catch onto other kids and then we'll be hated on." I started talking fast. "And I know for damn sure there are talented kids in this group who will never be able to express their talent because of the others. It took us so long to get everyone else to understand that Glee club isn't bad."

"Camila." Finn said. I started talking faster and faster,"We should be able to show the kids that it's okay to be different. What if there is a girl it's there who is just like me? Who needs friends to show her that her voice is a gift." "Camila." Finn got up as I started putting more papers into the binder, my talking rate picking up speed. "Sue shouldn't have demand over who does what because in my opinion it's bogus and bullsh-" "Camila!" Finn grabbed my shoulders. I started breathing hard when I tried catching my breathe.

"It's okay. It'll get figured out. Just. Breathe. You're overworking yourself and I dont like it." He frowned. He let go of my shoulders and took a step back. I calmed down and he helped me pick the papers up. When they were all back in the binder, I grabbed my bag and followed Finn out to his truck.