Alive

I stared at the school and sunk into my seat

I stared at the school and sunk into my seat. "You'll be okay. Everyone understands what happened." Aunt Julie rubbed my thigh. I gripped my oxygen tank handle and looked at her. She kissed my forehead and I got out into the parking lot. The football players then jogged over and began hugging me and playing around. "How is everything short stuff?" One asked. "I'm doing fine, Finn is doing good. Just gonna take me a while to get used to stuff and being in big areas." I looked around at everyone. "Hey, we all have yours and Finn's back. If you ever need anything, let us know." Another one nudged my arm.

I grinned to myself and interrupted a conversation they were starting. "Actually, you guys can help me with something." "And what would that be?" Karofski asked. "I need you guys to convince coach Beiste to order number five jerseys for everyone in the school. I'm gonna try to have a welcome back school celebration for Finn." "Hot damn that's gonna be hard. There's at least a thousand kids in this school." One crossed his arms. The bell rang and we began walking. "If you convince him, I'll take the whole football team to breadsticks one day." I bit my lip. "You have yourself a deal." Karofski shook my hand. I waved goodbye to all of them before heading to class. I sat down in my seat in English, looking at the seat next to mine, which was Finn's. It was first day I wasn't by his side since the shooting, and I wasn't feeling so great.

When sixth period rolled around, I headed to the choir room. I hadn't seen everyone since the day before Finn woke up, and that was four days ago. I walked in and everyone clapped for me. Sam jogged over and toke my backpack for me. I exchanged hugs with everyone. "Mr. Schuester, if I may, can I take over glee club for a few moments?" I asked. "Sure, but make it quick because we have a lot to discuss!" He sat down. I set my tank down in front of me and took a breathe in. "Finn will be coming back to Mckinely in exactly two weeks. I feel as though McKinley needs to give him a warm welcome back."

"But we didn't even give you one. You're just as important as he is." Mike interrupted. "I know, and it may seem unfair but I want this. I want Finn to realize how much we love him and how bright he makes this school. So, on the side of Mr. Schuester's assignments and Nationals rehearsals," I looked to Mr. Schuester. "I'd like to compose a huge number for Finn." "Do you think Figgins will allow this?" Mr. Schuester asked. "I'll ask when I get the chance. I was hoping some student council members could help me figure this out. I'm thinking of a fund raiser to pay for some things." "I'm all in." Artie shrugged. Everyone else agreed with him and I grinned. "Alright Mr. Schue, the floor is all yours." Mr. Schuester stood up next to me. "Actually, today's plan was to sing about you and Finn surviving the odds." He sent a wave of love through me. "Really?" I asked. "Let's go kids!" He signaled everyone. Quinn rubbed the crook of my back as we walked.

We all went to the auditorium and changed into performance outfits

We all went to the auditorium and changed into performance outfits. We set the chairs in a circle, the usual thing we do, and took a seat.

Tina: I was born in a thunderstorm. I grew up overnight. I played alone, i'm playing on my own, I survived.

Santana: Hey. I wanted everything I never had. Like the love that comes with light. I wore envy and I hated that, but I survived.

Rachel: I had a one-way ticket to a place where all the demons go. Where the wind don't change and nothing in the ground can ever grow. No hope, just lies and you're taught to cry into your pillow, but I survived.

Everyone turned to me. I turned the oxygen flow up up bit and sucked in some air.

Camila: I'm still breathing, I'm still breathing, I'm still breathing, I'm still breathing.

I shortly paused before letting myself belt everything out,

Camila: I'm alive.

The first sentence I hit, everyone began cheer. I became washed over with happiness as I kept going.

Camila: I'm alive. I'm alive. I'm alive.

I didn't think I had all that strength to hit those notes, but I did it. The worst part? Finn wasn't here to witness it.

All: You took it all, but I'm still breathing. You took it all, but I'm still breathing. You took it all, but I'm still breathing. You took it all, but I'm still breathing. You took it all, but I'm still breathing. You took it all, but I'm still breathing. You took it all, but I'm still breathing. You took it all, but I'm still breathing.

My heart pounded and I held my chest as I caught my breathe. "Are you good?" Puck asked me. "Yeah." I nodded, wheezing a bit. "Don't push yourself too hard." He said before turning back to everyone.

Puck: I have made every single mistake, that you could ever possibly make, I took and I took and I took what you gave, but you never noticed that I was in pain.

Matthew: I knew what I wanted; I went out and got it. Did all the things that you said that I wouldn't, I told you that I would never be forgotten, and all in spite of you.

Everyone's voices were amazing. Thinking about their gifts made me happy for their futures. I could imagine singers, broadway stars, and so many more sitting in front of me.

Rachel: And I'm still breathing. I'm still breathing. I'm still breathing. I'm still breathing. I'm alive.

All: You took it out, but I'm still breathing, you took it out, but I'm still breathing.

Rachel: I'm alive

All: You took it out, but I'm still breathing, you took it out, but I'm still breathing.

Rachel: I'm alive

All You took it out, but I'm still breathing, you took it out, but I'm still breathing.

Rachel: I'm alive

Camila: I'm alive. I'm alive. I'm alive. I'm alive.

Everyone rushed over and gave me a big group hug. Me and Finn made it through a horrible tragedy, and we survived.

We're alive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy crap. You guys, thank you SO MUCH for 10k+ views. I've been happy sobbing for about an hour and I just can't believe it. The responses I get from you guys about how much you love my work keeps me going everyday. My favorite thing to do is make people happy, and you guys have helped me to do that, so thank you. I love you guys so much, again, thank you for all the support.

lex