Brave, Honest, and Beautiful

I tucked my baby hairs behind my ear before turning my light off and heading downstairs. I walked over to my island counter to my aunt holding a letter. It was from the county jail. "You're mom wrote you letter, and I think you should read it." She said with no emotion, handing it to me. "How do you know what it says?" I asked. "Because I sent her a letter asking her to write you." She said before walking upstairs. I held the letter in my hands as I sat down on the barstool. I slid my nail under the envelop tab and opened it. I pulled out the lined paper and unfolded it, revealing her letter. Taking a deep breathe, I began to read.

Dear daughter,
Julie has written to me asking to talk to you about your situation. Seeing that you're not listening to anyone else, I thought you'd listen to me. I remember you did cheerleading in the fourth grade to have fun. But you're only doing it now to make yourself into someone you're not. I don't want you to look into the mirror every day and want to change, but I can't change your opinions on anything. Hear me out when I say, please stop. That Finn person you write me about is very concerned for you. Julie didn't tell you, but she told me he came over and talked to her about it with those Angie and Matthew kids. As your mother, I'm concerned. I'd rather you have extra weight than none. I can't see you until next month, but I can imagine how you look from descriptions. I love you Cam, I don't want to loose you how you've lost me. Please consider the damage you're taking on everyone, your environment, and your personal self. I'll write soon when I can buy more paper. Until then, please remember: beauty isn't vanity, it's personality,

With tears streaming down my cheek, I laid my head down in my arms. I sobbed as I felt Aunt Julie's hand glide across my back. I sat up and turned to her, pulling her to me and crying into her chest. She rubbed my head as I felt my world finally crumble. I haven't listened to anyone. I've only worried about myself, and way too much at that. I needed to fix this, immediately.

"Can I go to school late today?" I asked, looking up at her.

-3rd person-

6th period and finally rolled around. All the Glee kids sat down, welcoming Rachel back from her break in Glee club, but keeping just enough distance. Everyone looked around and noticed Camila was gone again. "Where is she?" Matthew whispered to Blaine, him following the question with a shrug. "Probably throwing an empty slushie cup away she used on some kid." Puck laughed in a disgusted way. Mr. Schuester made his way in front of the kids and held his hands together. "I know we've been holding class back for Camila, but time has shown we can't do anything to change her mind. So we are gonna continue on and stop waiting." He sighed.

"Yeah, you guys shouldn't be waiting anymore." All heads turned to the door.

It was Camila. Her hair was down, done in soft waves. Her skin color was back to it's peachy light color. Her face glowed with happiness as she walked into the classroom. Best of all, there was no cheerios uniform. It was replaced with a white shirt, her favorite dark blue jeans, and red high tops. Mr. Schuester, in shock with the rest of the class, slowly sat down in his chair.

"I've put you guys through hell. I made you guys have to stop our lesson over some stupid mistake. And I'm sorry. It wasn't okay because the biggest bitch in the planet, only Auntie Snicks can do that." She chuckled as Santana raised her hands up in guilt, laughing too. "It wasn't me, and I didn't realize it. My emotions and opinions got the best of me and I let everyone down, including myself. But thank God for you guys. You guys helped me realize a lot." She turned and looked at Finn, who had a smile wiped all over his face.

"Nobody walks around worrying about if you're skinny, fat, tall, or short.. They only worry about themselves and how others think of them. And I'm worrying way too much. So, as a sorry and a PSA, I'd like to dedicate this song to you guys." She looked at the band to signal them to play,

Camila: Don't go and waste your precious time, with all the nonsense on your mind, no. Don't criticize yourself no more, you got a smile worth fighting for.

She walked over to Rachel carefully and held her hands out. At first she didn't budge, but then she smiled and put her hands in Camila's. She held on as she pulled her up to dance with her.

Camila: Yeah you got everything with your perfect porcelain, ain't no one compare to it. You just gotta remind yourself. That you're amazing, babe, you're breaking down in every way, could be smiling every day. Just gotta remind yourself

Everyone then got up and began to dance with each other as Camila focused on Rachel. The best thing to do was to get on her good side.

Camila: You can dance like Beyoncé. You can shake like Shakira, 'cause you're brave, yeah, you're fearless, and you're beautiful, you're beautiful. So whine like Rihanna, go and pose like Madonna, 'cause you're brave, yeah, you're honest, and you're beautiful, you're beautiful girl.

Everyone danced around them as Camila looked to Rachel. She held Rachel's one hand with both of hers, remembering her dreams she once spoke of.

Camila: You sell out every stadium, ohh. And the crowd goes crazy when you're done. Mmm mm. Don't know how beautiful you are, uhhh, yeah, yeah. You deserve your Hollywood star.

Once she sang that to her, Rachel smiled and turned to dance with Mercedes.

Camila: Yeah, you got everything with your perfect porcelain. Ain't no one compare to it. You just gotta remind yourself. That you're amazing, babe, you're breaking down in every way, could be smiling every day. Just gotta remind yourself

Camila: You can dance like Beyoncé. You can shake like Shakira, 'cause you're brave, yeah, you're fearless, and you're beautiful, you're beautiful. So whine like Rihanna, go and pose like Madonna, 'cause you're brave, yeah, you're honest, and you're beautiful, you're beautiful girl.

Camila felt the embrace of everyone crowd around her, squishing her into a hug. She hugged everyone back all at once, knowing she was finally back where she belonged.