Swaying

I sat silently on the stool, listening to the music outside the door

I sat silently on the stool, listening to the music outside the door. I looked down at my nails I had gotten done and took a deep breathe in. I let it out a few seconds later and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Now I know you didn't get those all prettied up just to sit back here." I heard him say. I looked up and smiled, taking in the man that stood in front of me. "Shouldn't you be enjoying the ball?" I asked him, tucking my hair behind my ear. "I think you should be asking yourself the same question." Finn twirled a rose in his hand. "I would be but I left everything at the school since the stupid decoration company doesn't know how to read notes." I rolled my eyes.

Santana and Mercedes walked in. Mercedes had my dress and Santana had a makeup box. "And this is why God has blessed you with Auntie Snicks and Mercedes." Santana beamed. I looked at them and felt the corners of my mouth touch my ears. "And this is why I love you guys. But what about my shoes, I forgot to pick them up.." I looked down at my converse. "Not all princesses have to wear heels." Finn shrugged. "C'mon so we can get you out there!" Mercedes signaled to me. I followed them around before going into a dressing room upstairs. I smiled at Finn, who had followed us, before the girls shut the door.

 I smiled at Finn, who had followed us, before the girls shut the door

I looked at myself in the three mirrors that formed a 'U' shape. "This dress is probably worth three thousand at least." Santana looked at it in the mirror with me. I couldn't stop looking at myself. I felt beautiful for once. I adjusted Finn's necklace and turned and stepped down from the tiny platform. "Are you ready buttercup?" Mercedes asked. I nodded and she opened the door for me. I stepped out and looked around for Finn. I turned to my left and there he was.

He looked up from the rose he was holding and that freckle filled smiled appeared on his face. He walked towards me and broke the bottom stem off the rose. He carefully placed it on the side of my hair and looked me up and down. "You look so beautiful Camila." He softly spoke. I fixed the rose on his tuxedo and said, "And you look so beautiful too." Me and him laughed before he held out his hand. "Let's go perform that song." I held onto it as he guided me downstairs and to the stage.

Finn: Oh damn, oh damn, oh damn I'm so perplexed with just one breath, I'm locked in.

He turned his mic stand to me. I blushed and looked up to him, listening to his alluring voice.

Finn: Oh damn, oh damn, oh damn I'm so perplexed on that, it's almost shocking. I know, I know you know you're scared your heart, your mind, your soul, your body. They won't, they won't, they won't be careful but I guess that you don't know me.

I couldn't tell if I was just imagining things, or if the lights were actually bright, but his eyes began to twinkle like ocean water under the moonlight. His gaze had me locked in, and I wasn't escaping anytime soon

Finn: Cause if I want you, and I want you, babe. Ain't going backwards, won't ask for space.
Cause space was just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get too...

When the drummer hit his drums, Finn turned his stand back to the crowd of people slowdancing.

Finn: Close, ooh. Oh, so close, ooh. I want you close, ooh. Cause space was just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get close, ooh. Oh, so close, ooh. I want you close, ooh. Oh, I want you close, and close ain't close enough, no

Camila: Oh man, oh man I am not really known for ever being speechless. But now, but now somehow my words roll off my tongue right onto your lips, oh. I'm keeping cool while you keep smiling saying all the things I'm thinking Oh man, oh man I am like you so I want proof I'm what you're feeling.

I turned to him and he looked down to me, like usual. It seemed like this song could perfectly describe me and how I feel for him. I just need to know if he can reciprocate those feelings.

Camila: Cause if I want you, and I want you, babe. Ain't going backwards, won't ask for space. Cause space was just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get too...

Both: Close, ooh. Oh, so close, ooh. I want you close, ooh. Cause space was just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get close, ooh. Oh, so close, ooh. I want you close, ooh. Oh, I want you close, and close ain't close enough, no

He took his microphone off his stand and walked towards me. I quickly tabbed mine and did the same, trying not to make it awkward.

Both: Close, ooh. Oh, so close, ooh. I want you close, ooh. Cause space was just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get close, ooh. Oh, so close, ooh. I want you close, ooh.

We both stood in front of each other, both of us staring at each other. I remembered the moment we shared at Sectionals and smiled to myself.

Both: Oh, I want you close, and close ain't close enough, no.

Everyone clapped and smiled. Finn helped me off stage with him as the band began to play another song. We wondered onto the balcony that overlooked the inside of the ballroom. "Let me see your hand." Finn asked me. I almost resisted at first, but then I laid it in his. He smiled and slowly spun me around, looking at me with an admiring look. He then pulled me in and rested his hand on my hip. He held my other and began to slowly sway with me. If he wouldn't had been holding my hip, I would've fallen over from being so overwhelmed. It seemed like like a dream, a rare one.

He then let go of my hand and kept his other on my hip. He reached inside of his tux and pulled out something that made my heart sink.

It was the money for the booth.

"I saw you drop this on the ground." He smirked. I felt myself turn red in embarrassment and turned my face and looked down at everyone as we continued to sway. "Now I know this wasn't gonna be used for anything else except for one thing." I heard him say. I then felt his lips graze my cheek before placing a kiss on it. "One dollar for the cheek." He recited the sign above the booth. He took his fingers under the crook of my chin and turned me to him. "Two dollars for the lips."

Our lips then met.