Scars

I gritted my teeth and kept my tongue to the roof of my mouth as Angel took off my bandages. She put them in a disposal bag and put it in the sanitary bin. She then reached behind my ears and pulled the oxygen cord from under my nose and around my ears. I sighed and started to smell the regular air, well, the hospital air. "Go take a look." Angel tilted her head to the bathroom. I got up and walked over, feeling strange not pulling the tank behind me. I turned on the light and looked at myself.

It left a scar starting from the middle of my cheek and ending just a few centimeters in front of my ear. I traced the line carefully and slowly blinked my eyes. This is was gonna stick with me for the rest of my life. What will Finn think of it? The endless scary images in my head of Finn thinking I'm ugly flooded my mind. I rolled my eyes and shut the light off. "I think Finn is at the physical therapy center." I immediately turned to her. No one gets to go to the physical therapy center unless they're under regular treatment, and I felt anger wash over me once she said that. "Why did no one tell me he got moved out of ICU." I glared at her. "Julie didn't want you worrying about him." She defended herself. I dropped my anger and rubbed my arm. "I'm sorry." I looked up at her. "It's fine hun." She eased me. I grabbed my school bag and headed up the regular hospital elevator.

I found the physical therapy floor and started looking in the rooms. There were people ranging from kids to elders playing or working out. I found his and smiled from ear to ear. He was standing up and lifting tiny weights. He saw me and I began walking in. I watched his face drop and his eyes shift to my cheek. I looked down at my feet and stopped in front of him. I played with my school bag strings until he lifted my chin up. When he tried saying something, it came out breathy. He turned around and pointed at the oxygen tank. The nurse rushed over and put it back on him. He took a seat at the table in the room and absorbed it in his nose. "I think I'm just gonna sit here for a minute. She'll wheel me up." He finally said to him. He nodded and left, shutting the door behind him.

Finn wrapped me into a hug. I held my chest out some so I wouldn't touch his, but kept my hold strong. I finally let go and looked around the draped room. "Why is it so dark in here?" I asked. "Every other room they offered had clouds and fairies on it." He eyed me. "But I thought you loved fairies!" I joked. "Nah I wasn't feeling it." He shook his head. "Why didn't you tell me you got moved? I would've been here earlier." I softly asked. "You're worrying about me too much. I want you to take a breather." I played with the top of his hair. "Finn, I almost lost you. I have every right to worry." I crossed my arms. "I know." He pulled me by my arm into his lap and my chest tightened up. "Now what I was gonna say was," He held my cheek in his hand and traced the scar with his thumb. "You still look as beautiful as you did before it." I felt myself turn red while he tucked my hair behind my ear. "It makes you look pretty bad ass I do say so myself." He chuckled. "Whatever." I grinned.

"Let's go to my room do my work. It's sweaty in here." He wiped his forehead. I located the wheelchair next to the weight lift rack and set my backpack on the back of it. I wheeled it over and helped Finn in. He sat down and adjusted himself. I fixed the feet rests, set his oxygen tank on the side pocket provided, and strapped his iv stand to it. I opened the door and pushed him out before strolling the hall.

"So what did you do today?" I asked, looking around. "Well they cleared me from ICU yesterday. Then today I decided I was ready to start physical theropy. I walked around and lifted weights. Of course, I couldn't lift anything heavier than ten pounds." I pushed the elevator button and wheeled him in. "What floor?" I asked. "Twenty five." He pointed to it. I pushed the button and waited for us to go up. "Do you feel any better?" I asked. We finally landed and I began pushing him again. "Yeah. My chest still hurts like a bitch, but it wasn't as bad as last week." He rubbed it. "Right here." I stopped in front of the room and pushed it open with the front of the wheelchair. "Hello Mrs. Camila!" Carol greeted me. "Hey." I smiled. The same nurse followed us in and I helped him get Finn into bed and all plugged back up. I then helped Finn take off his workout shirt and put back on his night gown shirt.

I pulled the portable desk up and a chair. I grabbed my backpack and pulled out his work the teachers have given me. "It's a lot, but I'm here to help." I watched him groan. I organized everything into piles and gave him a pencil. "You're always here to help. That's why-." I looked up from the papers and he was looking at his mom. I raised my eyebrow and waited till herturned back to me. "That's why you're my best friend....." His tone changed. I ignored his pause and pulled out a bag of hot cheetos. His face lit up as he opened the bag quickly and took a handful out. "Finn!" I said shockingly, but also laughing. "Boo boo this hospital food sucks!" Finn imitated a girl. I laughed really hard and covered my mouth, leaning back in my chair.

As we worked, Finn stopped me. "Aren't you gonna be tired tomorrow?" "Yeah, but I'll get over it. I just want to be here with you any way I can." I shrugged. "Only eleven days and I get out of here." Finn leaned back some while he pushed buttons in his calculator. "And I'll be here to make them go faster." I smiled to him. "I don't think I'd rather have anyone else." He mummbled.

I felt my heart do flips when he said that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since you guys gave me 10k+ views, I thought I'd give you 2 chapters in 1 day! Enjoy! (And again, thank you so much!)

Lex