Regionals Part 1

I felt myself being shook. I swatted the hand shaking me and groaned, then feeling myself drift back to sleep. "Camileon." The voice softly said. I remained groggy as I slowly opened my eyes. It was Finn, who was standing up. I looked around and saw the charter bus was parked; we had made it to Nashville.

"You can go back to sleep soon." He softly rubbed my arm. I held onto my stuffed bunny as I used the seat to get up and wobble off the bus. Finn held the crook of my back as I went to the side of the bus. Mr. Schuester smiled and let out a small chuckle, seeing how exhausted I was. "Where is everyone?" I asked mid-yawn, tightening the big bun that was on my head. "They're in their rooms. Yours is unlocked, it's 207." He smiled. I grabbed my suitcases from under the bus and dragged them behind me, my bunny stuffed under my armpit. I hopped onto the elevator and went up to the two hundreds hall. Once there, I found my room quickly. I walked in and shut it, locking the door and throwing my suitcases to the side. I pulled up on the blankets to untuck them and drifting back to sleep.

(Morning)

Snoring. That's all I could hear. But wait a minute.... if I'm not asleep anymore, who is it?

I opened my eyes and slowly sat up. I wiped the drool off my mouth and noticed Finn was passed out on the couch. His luggage was in the room as well. I questioned everything until his beautiful eyes arose. He looked at me and smiled. "Hi." Finn said while stretching. "Why are you in my room Finnster." I crawled to the edge of the bed. "No, you're in my room."

I immediately became awake. "What the hell?" I looked up to the plaque on the wall the had the room number, which read '201'. "Oh my god I'm so sorry." I shot up. "Relax, it's okay. They were gonna wake you up but I said just to leave you." Finn got up and walked towards me. He held his hand out and helped me out of the comfy bed. I grabbed my blanket, bunny, and suitcases and started to the door. "And what is his name?" Finn looked down at my bunny as we walked to my room. "His name is Pickles." I held him up in front of Finn. "I'm highly jealous of his job." Finn smirked. I rolled my eyes and knocked on the door, then to be greeted by my Aunt Julie.

"Morning you two. You guys need to hurry, rehearsals are in an hour I think." She looked at her phone time. I rushed into the room while Finn went back to his. I threw on leggings and a band tee before I grabbed my outfit, the huge makeup box, and all my hair things. I walked out and shut the door behind us, then meeting up with Finn. "All of the others left, so is it okay if you ride with us?" Aunt Julie asked Finn in the elevator. "No problem." He flicked his hand. We got out to her car and put our stuff neatly in the truck.

Once on the road, the fun began.

As we drove down the main strip of Nashville, bars and cafes lined the streets with bright lights. "Howdy!" Finn yelled out the window. I smacked his arm and he turned to me. "Finn stop!" I couldn't help but smile. "Not until I do this." He held his finger up. He looked out the window for a few seconds until leaning all the way out of it. Finn then lifted his shirt and shook his chest as we passed by a bunch of girls. I began to die of laughter and he got back in the car. He looked to me and laughed as well. "I can't believe you just did that." I calmed myself, wiping a tear from my eye.

******************

"You've got this, okay?" I began as I fixed Finn's blazer, "Just go out there and give it all you got

"You've got this, okay?" I began as I fixed Finn's blazer, "Just go out there and give it all you got. I know you're gonna do amazing." He smiled down to me before turning and sitting down on the couches. A guy in black with a headset on then peeped his head through the door. "Ms. McKnight?" He looked around trying to find me. I walked to him with a smile on my face. "Someone is requesting to speak to you." He told me. He then turned and left as I stepped out into the hallway. I gritted my teeth as I saw who it was.

Paul

"Well if it isn't pit bull Paul." I snicked. "Looking like a blueberry I see." He looked me up and down. "What the hell do you want. Make it quick because I don't think you'd want Finn to hear your voice." "I just came to wish you good luck on your lose." Paul crossed his arms, doing a douchy pose against the wall. "I don't think that's necessary." I smiled. "When you guys loose, the grant given to us with pay for new wardobe." "Oh let me guess! Instead of blue and red blazers you'll have red and blue blazers?!" I held my cheeks excitedly and sarcastically. He scoffed and stood back up straight. "I guess someone's getting a little frustrated. Why don't you go sing a do-wop song with your little buddies to make yourself feel better." He started towards me. "Listen here bi-"

"Finn!" I yelled. I heard the room go silent and his footsteps running. Paul's eyes widened and he began to jog down the hall. I laughed as I watched him run away, explaining to Finn what happened. The lights then flickered for our turn next. We all huddled in the middle around Mr. Schuester. "Guys, we have to get first. It was okay to slip the first time, but we're talking about Nationals next. I'm proud of your guys hard work and how you've been able to set aside all of your differences. Let's get out there and show them some McKinley spirit." We all put our hands in the middle and chanted 'New Directions' before heading back stage. We walked past our other competion and stood to the side. "Ladies and Gentlemen, please give a warm welcome our next competitors, from Lima Ohio, give it up for the New Directions!"

I hugged Finn quickly before watching him go to the spotlight on the stage alone.