Camileon

I walked into the classroom and shut the door as the bell stopped ringing. I scanned over everyone to see how everyone was doing. I looked at Finn and quickly looked away, wiping a smile onto my face. Everyone fell silent and turned to me.

"I know I'm not Mr. Schuester, but I asked him last night what to do since he'll be gone until sectionals, and he asked me to let you guys know that it'll be a free week this week." Everyone except Tina started high giving people and cheering to themselves. "But Camila we can't have a free week we have a competition next week." She stood up walking to me. "I know. But seeing that everyone is under a bit of pressure." I looked to everyone, and this time stopping on Finn. "Everyone could use a break, we'll practice very hard Friday and Sunday night."

He looked very overworked. Bags had been forming under his eyes and he looks guilty. I flashed him a quick smile before looking back to everyone else. That was the last thing I wanted to do to him, but I didn't want him to have another reason to argue with me. "Ok, so I understand Santana and Rachel have surprisingly put a number together?" I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah well I thought if we could show everyone that even we can get together, we have nothing to work about." Santana walked to the front of the class with Rachel. They pulled the stools forward and sat down, notifying that band to start. I sat down in my seat and crossed my leg over my other.

Rachel: Fresh cut grass, one cold beer

Both: Thank the Lord I am here and now, here and now

Santana: Summer dress, favorite park

Both: Bless your soul we are here and now, here and now

Both: I'm wide awake. So what's the point of dreaming when your life is great? Celebrate the feeling, celebrate the feeling, Oh! Can't complain about much these days, I believe we'll be okay. Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh. Can't complain about much these days, I believe we'll be okay, Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh

Santana: We're screaming out

Rachel: We're screaming out

Both: I believe we'll be okay

As they continued on, I remembered Mr. Schuester asked me to go make copies of song lyrics for when we come back from Thanksgiving break. I quietly got up and snuck out of the classroom, grabbing his hard drive off his desk on the way out.

I made it down the hallway and was stopped by Mrs. Sylvester. "Good afternoon Sue." I smiled as she walked with me. "Hello twinkle toes. Did you ever make up your mind about our deal? It's been two weeks." I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to her. "Oh my god Sue I'm so sorry I forgot! I've been so caught up with sectionals. I'll have an answer to you soon, I promise..." I looked to her before walking into the library. She looked very disgusted and went on her way.

Do I really want to be a cheerio was the question. I actually did think about it, I just lied because I'm still researching health benefits. It was a possibility I was going to join, but I can't just get flexible over night.. And I don't even know Sue! I know she's a coach, but why does she specifically want me?

I finished the copies and waved goodbye to the librarian before heading back into choir room. Rachel was sitting in Finn's lap at the drum set and he was teaching her how to play. Blaine and Kurt sat in front of each other and talked before pecking each others lips. I smiled as everyone else was content and doing their own thing. I brought the papers into Mr. Schuester's office and set them down. I walked back out and sat next to Angie.

"How's your foot holding up?" I asked crossing my legs. "How I'm holding up? Hell you got yelled at by the quarter back slash best friend, how are you holding up?" She looked at me wide eyed. "It's fine Angie, I don't care about it." I sighed, letting the lie flow out of me. "He's your best friend. Look I know everyone else in here is your best friend but he's closer you know?" "No, you are.." I corrected her. She looked at me dead in the eye. "Fine, maybe he is. How about we just drop it." I groaned.

***************

I sat on top of the piano criss crossed while on my laptop. Rachel had showed me a video that would help me make my vocals stronger. I've been sitting here for so long that it became dark outside, but luckily Mr. Figgins let me stay.

Then, I heard him. "Hey." I turned and looked at him, "Hi." I flashed him the dreadful smile. I turned back to my laptop and closed the video. He sat down in Mr. Schuester's rolling chair and rolled up in front of me. Only this time, I was looking down on him, not up to him. "You should probably change, you look pretty dirty." I looked to him. "Nah, I feel more cozy in this uniform. And plus I forgot to do laundry..." Finn looked away. I nodded slowly shutting my computer down. "So Finn, how may I help you?" I folded my hands together and rested them in my lap. "Look, I came to apologize. I was the biggest dick to you and it wasn't acceptable. I've just been so stressed an-" "Finn, stop. It's okay..." I looked to him. "No it's not. I'm not the one sitting here trying to help glee club out before or first competition, so why should I be complaining?"

I looked at him for a moment and crossed my arms. "Look, I got this random boost of confidence out of no where. I haven't had confidence in so long because of m-" I paused and cleared my throat, almost letting my eating disorder slip out. "Because I'm new this year." I lyingly corrected myself. "I'm sorry for going overboard with it.." Finn stood up and looked down on me, making me feel small again. "No apologies, okay? I forgive, you forgive. Plain and simple." He smiled as I nodded in agreement. "Now, come on and give me a hug Camileon." I laughed and looked at him, getting off the piano. "Camileon huh?" I almost snorted. "Well yeah, nick names are fun. And plus in forget names really easily.." He scratched his head. I laughed once again before hugging him tightly, letting the feeling of warmth wash over me. "You're such a moron." I smiled into his chest.

All: We come running, we come running, we come running, we come running

Finn: Under a pale blue sky, you never felt so cold

Camila: Another sleepless night. How could you ever let go?

Blaine: How do you recognize, the dirty face of gold?

Quinn: Behind that crooked line where you never knew you'd go

All: Headed for the open door.... Tell me what you're waiting for.... Look across the great divide.. Soon they're gunna hear the sound, the sound, the sound, when we come running. Never go where we belong.... Echoes in the dead of dawn... Soon they're gunna know the sound, the sound, the sound when we come running

Tina: The sound, the sound, the sound when we come running

Mercedes: Days go by, feeling broke and tired

Rachel: Remember, always remember...

We danced around each other as the matching colors of white and blue clothing filled the stage. I ran over to Angie who was sitting in the chair and helped everyone lift her onto Puck and Finn's shoulders, being mindful of her boot. She laughed as we jumped around together.

All: Headed for the open door.... Tell me what you're waiting for.... Look across the great divide.. Soon they're gunna hear the sound, the sound, the sound, when we come running. Never go where we belong.... Echoes in the dead of dawn... Soon they're gunna know the sound, the sound, the sound when we come running

Kurt: The sound, the sound, the sound when we come running.....