Sobs, Cries, and Tears

I stood in the hospital shower, holding my arms to my chest and letting the steam consume me. I watched the water turn a deep fusia color. I listened to the patter of the water hitting the plastic bag that was taped on my cheek to protect my patched up wound until I couldn't stand the heat anymore and became out of breathe. I turned off the water and got out, drying myself off and putting on Finn's sweatpants from football, a black long sleeve, and my ugg boots my aunt brought me. I threw my hair up in a bun, disposed of my dirty bloody clothes, took the bag carefully off my face, and stepped out to the room the nurses gave to me to use for the shower.

A nurse stood next to the empty hospital bed, holding an oxygen tank and a cord in her hand. I walked over to her and she helped me wrap it around the under part of my nose, and loop around my ears. "You'll just need to wear this for about a week or so. Since you have that hole in your cheek, oxygen can escape your mouth and nose through your wound, causing shortness of breathe. I already gave your Aunt a prescription for if you need it refilled." She smiled. "Where is she?" I asked, holding onto the handle of the tank and dragging it with me out of the room.

"She's at the main desk of the ER at the moment. Boss won't let her off, but she has a break in a few mimutes. She did tell me that there are a bunch of people wanting to see you in the ICU before the sheriff takes you down to the office. I'll send someone after you when she gets off." We went into the elevator. She road down with me until I got off. I thanked her before the door shut and she went back up. I began to drag the tank behind me once again, squinting at the signs to see where I was going. The nurse had told me my veins had busted from crying too hard, so they'd be swell for a bit.  I turned the millions of hallways, taking a deep breathe of air every once in a while. I finally made it to the ICU waiting room and walked out. All the chairs were filled with the new directions, football and basketball players, his mom, and some teachers. They all looked up at me and shot up. Mr. Schuester rushed over to me and began hugging me. I felt his sobs in my shoulder as I tried to hold my tears back, trying not to get my bandages and patches wet. He let go and others came to hug me.

After exchanges with almost everyone, I saw his mom face to face. That's when I couldn't help but breaking down. "I'm so sorry." I broke down to violent sobs. She hugged me tightly and rocked me side to side. "It's all my fault Carol I shouldn't have made him cancel his other plans. I should've been shot." I shook. She began to cry too as others soothed me, trying to fight my blame. "Baby it wasn't your fault, I promise." She cried, looking at me. She gently patted down edges of my gauze that was coming up from stretching my mouth too much. "I can't believe this is happening." Santana started crying. I then saw Sue. She walked over to me and I locked up. "How are you holding up?" She asked. I noticed her eyes welled up. "I'm don't think I'm holding up to be honest. I think I'm just a wall that has been knocked down at this point." I wiped my eyes. "I promise, your wall will be fixed soon. He's gonna be okay." She pulled me into a hug.

I couldn't feel anger anymore, none the less any emotion.

"Camila?" I heard someone ask. I turned and it was a male nurse. "Come with me" He gestured. I said goodbye to everyone and followed him. I turned around one last time and saw his mom breaking down crying into Mr. Schuester's chest. I turned back and rolled my eyes around. Many turns and corners later, I saw aunt Julie. She came running after me and embraced me tightly. "Oh my god Camila my baby." She blinked tears out of her eyes and she rubbed her fingers over my cheek. "Julie I'm okay." I nodded into her hand. She hugged me one last time before adjusting the oxygen tubing. "Look I told every nurse that's working with him to make sure he is taken care of." She pulled papers out of her white coat. "I put you down as immediate family of Finn's. I tried to do others but the maximum for ICU is two people at a time. Only Stacy, the nurse gave you the tank, and I know you're related to me, so don't let anyone else know" I looked at the paper, which had my ID and everything on it. I peeled off the sticker attached and placed it on my chest. I then remembered watching Finn start wobbling, the gaping hole in his chest.

I groaned and winced, looking away and opening my eyes. "Julie, will he make it? Please don't lie to me. You can tell me the truth." I choked on my words. "I don't know. It was either I treat him or you get to see him, and I couldn't torture you like that. So I can't tell what's gonna happen. But this hospital has the best ICU unit. I promise he's in great hands." Aunt Julie looked behind me and kissed my forehead. "I have to head back over to the ER. I'll text you any update I can get." I turned around and saw the Lima sheriff and another officer approaching me. "Ms. Mcknight?" He asked. "Yes sir?" I asked. "Come with us, we're gonna go get your interview done now." He tilted his head some. I kissed my aunt goodbye again before walking with the officers.

They opened the door for me and I got into the back. I pulled the oxygen tank up into the car with their help before shutting the door. They got into the front and I buckled my seatbelt. They then began to drive away from the hospital. When a few minutes passed, my phone lit up. I opened it and a message came in.

Aunt Julie
I was just informed he's been in surgery for the last hour. They just now got to the bullet. It's lodged into the lining of his lungs. I love you, say anything you remember to them. I'll see you tonight at 1am <3

I held my mouth and titled my head back, letting the tears drip down past my ears to avoid any more damage to my cheek wrappings. I let the police radio drown my thoughts while I looked out the window into the sky, hoping to God Finn wasn't going to be flying up there any time soon.