Singing Again

"Are you ready?" I asked, sitting down on a stool across from Finn. "If my voice cracks or shakes, please don't point it out." I got up and walked over to him. "Finn, I'd never do that." I stood in front of him. Since he was still so tall in his torso, he was eye and eye with me. "I'm just scared I'm never gonna be able to sing again." He shrugged. "I'm don't see why you can't. It was a lung. Maybe it'll just affect how loud you can be for a while." "I'm guess so." "Okay, so I'm gonna go sit down. If I hear any more nonsense talk, I'll throw my chair at you." I grinned. I went back to the stool and crossed my legs. Finn cleared him throat and did a few breathing exercises. No music, no nothing, just our voices.

Finn: Trying hard not to fall, on the way home, you were trying to wear me down, down.

His voice sounded crystal clear, I began smiling as he looked at me and stopped. "Continue!" I cheered.

Finn: Kissing up on fences, and up on walls. On the way home, I guess it's all working out, now. 'Cause there's still too long to the weekend, too long till I drown in your hands. Too long since I've been a fool, oh

"When are you gonna join me?" He laughed. "I will! I just wanna hear you." I smiled, resting my chin on my hand.

Finn Leave this blue neighbourhood, never knew loving could hurt this good, oh. And it drives me wild. 'Cause when you look like that, i've never ever wanted to be so bad, oh
It drives me wild. You're driving me wild, wild, wild. You're driving me wild, wild, wild. You're driving me wild.

"Oh my god you're doing so good! See, you had nothing to worry about." "It's your turn!" He pointed at me. "Okay, okay!" I lifted my hands up.

Camila: We're alike you and I. Two blue hearts locked in our wrong minds. So can we make the most out of no time? Can you hold me? Can you make me leave my demons & my broken pieces behind? 'Cause there's still too long to the weekend, too long till I drown in your hands, too long since I've been a fool, oh, yeah, yeah, yeah.

I took a short pause before beginning to sing again, only this time, with Finn

Both: Leave this blue neighbourhood, never knew loving could hurt this good, oh. And it drives me wild. 'Cause when you look like that, i've never ever wanted to be so bad, oh
It drives me wild. You're driving me wild, wild, wild. You're driving me wild, wild, wild. You're driving me wild.

"Do I sound bad?" Finn stopped. "No, why would you say that?" I asked. "Because of how red you're turning." He pointed out my arms and how they were breaking out in hives. I covered them with my hands. "Maybe that's not the reason why." I wiggled my eyebrows. He laughed again and started back up.

Finn: You make my heart shake, bend and break, but I can't turn away, and it's driving me wild. You're driving me wild.

Both: You make my heart shake, bend and break, but I can't turn away, and it's driving me wild. You're driving me wild.

"Let's do this one last verse, and you're done." I looked up at him. "I don't want to be done. I can't wait another month to sing something." He frowned. "I'm sorry, but rules are rules." I sighed.

Both: Leave this blue neighbourhood, never knew loving could hurt this good, oh. And it drives me wild. 'Cause when you look like that, i've never ever wanted to be so bad, oh
It drives me wild. You're driving me wild, wild, wild. You're driving me wild, wild, wild. You're driving me wild.

I jumped up and ran over to Finn. He stood up and I held him into a hug. "Oh my god you did so good Finn! I'm so happy!" I jumped up and down. "You think so?" He asked, a little bit of breathe. I helped him sit back down and pulled my stool right in front of his. "I just wish you could sing more. I miss hearing that precious voice." I grabbed his hands and started playing with them. "It's a plus for me because then I get to focus on yours." A sly smile painted across his face. "Are you planning on going to Glee camp?" I asked. "I'm not sure, if I do I feel like I'd be tortured." He looked at me.

God, his eyes. They reminding me of....of....what? Almonds? No, Camila, you don't want to eat his eyes. Coconuts. Ew, no, not coconuts, yuck. Silk? Yes, silk. The softest silk that I would wrap myself in and neve-

"Camileon?" Finn snapped his fingers. I shook my head and looked at him confusingly. "What?" I asked. "You're doing that thing where you zone out to another dimension." He smiled. "Sorry." I looked down, tucking my hair behind my ear. He then carassed my cheek and started tracing over my scar with his thumb. "We are a good team, you know that?" I looked back up and he seemed, closer... closer to my face. "Yeah, it's like fate wanted me to move here to create this team." I kept a lock on his eyes. We became silent as Finn started to lean in. I shifted my weight forward and ever so gently.....

"Finn!"

I squinted my eyes and furrowed my brows. Finn opened his eyes and let go of my cheek. "Yes Mrs. Dubose?" He asked. "You have a quiz to make up sir." She held up a piece of paper. Finn groaned and got up. I watched him get off the stage and walk up to her. She held the door open for him before following him out. I turned back to myself and cursed under my breathe.