Defeated

"Okay, so this week's assignment." Mr. Schuester closed the door. He grabbed a black marker from his pocket and wrote "80's" on the board. "Since we are taking a deep dive and mixing a present day song with an eighties song, I thought it would be best to get a feel of it." "We've already practiced the song so why should we worry about it?" Santana shrugged. "Alright, all of you name one eighties song each." He crossed his mouth. Finn went to say something, but Mr. Schuester cut him off. "That is not by Queen." Immediately, everyone put their hands down. "Exactly." He grinned. "Well since you're so sincere about it, why don't you perform one for us." I snickered playfully. Everyone began to 'ohhh' and Mr. Schuester took his sweater off. Finn got up and headed over to the drum set.

"Hit it!" He yelled. Finn began beating the drums.

Mr. Schuester: I get up in the evening, and I ain't got nothing to say. I come home in the morning, I go to bed feeling the same way. I ain't nothing but tired, man I'm just tired and bored with myself. Hey there baby, I could use just a little help. You can't start a fire. You can't start a fire without a spark. This gun's for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.

I rocked out with Rachel as we pretended to play the drums. I looked over at Finn and he was watching me. I immediately stopped and became washed over with embarrassment.

Mr. Schuester: Message keeps getting clearer, radio's on and I'm moving 'round the place.I check my look in the mirror, I wanna change my clothes, my hair, my face. Man I ain't getting nowhere. I'm just living in a dump like this, there's something happening somewhere. Baby I just know that there is.

We started singing backing lyrics and rocking out. Mr. Schuester was having so much fun, and it made me chuckle seeing how young he felt on the inside.

Mr. Schuester: You can't start a fire. You can't start a fire without a spark. This gun's for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark. You can't start a fire sitting 'round crying over a broken heart. This gun's for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark. You can't start a fire worrying about your little world falling apart. This gun's for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.

All: Even if we're just dancing in the dark

Mr. Schuester: Even if we're just dancing in the dark

All: Even if we're just dancing in the dark

Mr. Schuester: Hey baby

We all cheered for him as he signaled his hands for us to settle down. The room got quiet really quick when Sue walked through the door. "McKnight, Figgins office, NOW." She growled. I looked at Finn, and I could tell he was nervous for me. Everyone's eyes followed me until I got out the door. I quietly followed behind her with my heart beating out of my chest.

"Ms. McKnight, have a seat." Mr. Figgins instructed. I sat down in a seat in front of his desk and Sue took the one next to me. "Did I do something wrong sir?" I asked, holding my fists together so I could stop shaking. "No! You're one of our best students. We brought you here to talk about the Glee Club." "We have to cut your little assembly for when the ninth graders come to visit the school Friday." Sue turned me. "What? Why! I've been working on the performance since last week!" I sat up and became wide eyed. "It's not a real class. We can't just throw you guys in there. It's just extra curricular." Mr. Figgins argued. "But you have room to throw in a cheer routine to raise the hopes of hundreds of kids, only for them to come to realize that only three of them will make it on the team." I raised an eyebrow. "My cheerios are worth more than a stupid Glee club." Sue glared at me. "The last time I checked, the stupid glee club is going to Nationals in Vegas." I raised my voice. "Enough." Figgins cut in.

"Do you think this is fair? Do you even know what she sent Becky to do to me in January?!" I became flustered. "I don't know what you're talking about." Sue looked the other way. "No, what?" He questioned. "Becky tied me up in a room here at one in the morning and left me in the dark because I quit the cheerios." "You have no proof." Sue got defensive. "Oh, so you're gonna be caring at the hospital and pity for me and Finn, but now you're gonna be the biggest jerk in the world?" I whipped my head towards her. "I'm always serious when it comes to my national winning team."

"Why are you even telling me this. Don't you think, I don't know, the TEACHER of the class should know this?" I looked back at Mr. Figgins. "Well we thought you're more stable than Will since you almost got shot, but clearly you're not." Sue calmly said with a smart ass tone. I began to turn a deep red and break out in hives. "THIS IS BULL!" I became angry. "Watch your tone McKnight!" Mr. Figgins snapped on me. "I can't easily suspend you and drop your good student reputation!" I got up from my chair and slammed his glass door behind me, hoping it would break. I quickly walked down the hall, back to the choir room. I stormed through the open door with tears pouring down my face. Everyone started to get up from their seats and head towards me. I grabbed my bag and ignored everyone as they tried to comfort me.

Knowing that the shooting could be used against me as my weakness, I felt horrible. I was once again defeated by Sue.

When I was almost at the exit, I felt his muscular hand grab mine and stop me. "Cam what's going on?" He asked in a soft voice. I closed my eyes and cried out of anger, then I puched a locker. Finn softly said my name as he wrapped his arms around me. I cried into his chest as he slid down the lockers with me. I sat curled in his lap on the ground and cried into his chest. "Why am I so helpess?" I sobbed as he ran his fingers through my scalp.