Stress Relief

I needed to find closure with Quinn before I could start on Finn. I asked her to sit with me at lunch today. Well, I at least think I did. I didn't get in until two this morning because Finn thought it was a good idea to see how many hot cheetos he could fit in his mouth at once, then realising that it was too much and he shot them out of his mouth and made a mess all over his bed. That delayed our work time because he had to get his sheets and blankets washed.

Quinn finally sat down and woke me up from a trance. "I just don't see how you're surviving today." She shook her head. "I get to spend the weekened with Finn, so that's what's motivating me." I unwrapped my silverware from the plastic wrap. "Speaking of Finn, how long was that plan going on?" Quinn froze in her spot. "Relax, Carol told me." I grinned. "It was his idea, and I tagged along because along the way I was giving him tips about you." Quinn began to explain as she opened her salad bowl. "He really does like you Camila. I guess he's just trying to figure stuff out after Rachel." "It's hard to be around him anymore knowing this. But at the same time, it's a good feeling, kind of like a drug." I played on my phone as I ate.

"Love is a drug, especially when you're knew to it. You just keep going back to the dealer until they run out. In this case, I don't think Finn will run out for you." Quinn pointed to me with her fork. I blushed to myself and continued to eat. "I don't know how long I'm gonna be able to stay like this with Finn. One day I'm gonna just burst open and affection is gonna run out of my mouth." "Love does its own thing. You just have to let it happen. I promise, it'll come."

***************

I paid my Uber driver and grabbed my weekend bag out of the trunk. I put my badge on my chest and checked in. I made it up to his room and noticed he was alone. "Where's Carol?" I asked, setting my bag down in the corner. "She went home to wash some clothes and grab some stuff." "Oh, okay." I looked around the room and noticed a wheelchair that was in the corner. "Why is that in here? Did the nurse forget to take it out or something?" Finn wiped his mouth and sat up in his seat. "No, when I get done eating, we're gonna go to the kids wing of the hospital and go play with one. The little girl was shot in the chest like me, but in a different situation. They thought it would relieve some stress since I can't do the drums or sing. They also want me to start practicing breathing without the oxygen machine, but I'm not gonna be doing anything extreme."

"We're gonna go play with a kid? I feel like my heart is about to explode." I smiled. "Sounds fun to be honest. I just want to color. They don't give coloring books to me." He pouted. "Well I guess I'm gonna have to get you one the next time I run by the gift shop." I crossed my arms. He finished his food and buzzed the nurse in. He was unhooked from the tank and sat for a minute to catch his breathe. Once he was okay, I helped out like usual and followed the nurse down the elevator and to the kids wing. It was decorated with stickers of cartoons across the walls. The nurse stopped in front of a door and knocked. A man answered and signaled us into the pink room.

The little girl was sitting criss cross on her bed. She had pajamas on and her hair was to her shoulders. There were so many machines hooked up to her, I lost count because my heart broke so much. "Makaylee, this is Finn and Camila. They're gonna play with you for a bit." The man said; I'm guessing he is her father. "Hello." She brightly waved to us.  I pushed Finn over to the side of the bed. I put the breaks on his wheelchair and sat on the other side of the bed. Her room was decorated in girly things, stuffed animals, and toys. "Hi there." Finn gave a toothy smile to Makaylee. "Look I got coloring books!" Makaylee said cheerfully, grabbing the boxes of crayons and books from the end of her bed. "I love to color!" I widened my eyes. We helped her take the crayons out and lay them on her bed. She choose our coloring books and began to color.

"I think I'm gonna make Spongebob pink." Finn sorted through the crayons. "He isn't pink!" Makaylee giggled, making me laugh with her too. I quietly colored in the book while Finn and Makaylee talked. "Look." She tugged on his shirt. She pulled her shirt collar down and revealed a bruised scar going through her chest. Finn then pulled his shirt collar down too and showed his. "I have one too." He softly spoke. "It looks yucky," She frowned looking at hers. "Hey! But you know what?" Finn's voice lightened. "What?" "We're Jack and Sally from the nightmare before christmas!" She became in awe and gasped. "That's so cool!" She said amazed.

Seeing Finn interact with Makaylee made me think ahead of time. Finn was gonna be an amazing father. He knew when to stay on a subject and when to change it to keep her happy. Of course, I couldn't stare for long, so I kept coloring. But when I glanced up, Makaylee was happier than ever.

Finn looked at me from his coloring book. I looked back at him and raised an eyebrow. He ripped the page out and showed me the pink spongebob he colored. I bursted out laughing as he handed it to me. "I will definitely hang this up." I chuckled. He gave a page to Makaylee and we all ended up giving each other something. When Makaylee started to fall asleep after we watched cartoons, we left and went to his room. I got thumb tacks and hung up the pictures me and Makaylee gave him. "I bet my master piece will sell for millions." He admired the picture he drew for me. "If you say so." I shrugged. I hugged him goodnight and laid down in the bed on the floor.

"But you're a master piece that I would never sell." I heard him say after a while before I drifted to sleep.