Regionals Part 3

"Quiet down please."

I didn't know if the announcer was talking to the crowd, or my heart beat, because it was louder than anything.

We all held each others hands and bowed our heads. I heard Mercedes saying the same prayer over and over again. "We thank everyone who came out to watch our competition and support the competitors today." The announcer walked onto stage. "As you can see by the three teams on this stage, we have our finalist. But, I'd like to give a round of applause to the other nine teams who competed along with them." Everyone clapped along in unison before holding hands again. "Now, for the moment everyone has been waiting for all evening." He pulled out a golden velvet card from the inside of his suit.

I felt Finn's hand tighten up against mine. I softly rubbed it with my thumb to try to soothe him. "In third place... from Paris, Kentucky is the Country Quartets!" I let go of my breathe in and clapped for them. They cheerfully retrieved their trophy and walked off the stage. The Warblers scooted in closer to us and the pressure in the room built up so much, I thought my ears were gonna burst. "Alright. Now, for our final placement." "I love you guys." I whispered to everyone with my head still bowed and eyes still squeezed shut. "This year's Regionals winner is......". I felt like I was gonna puke.

"The New Directions from Lima, Ohio!"

Just like the football game from November, everything turned to slow motion and there was no noise in my ears. I watched as red and white confetti blossomed from the air and felt my team jumping around me. I looked over at Paul who had an angered expression on his face as him and the Warbler grabbed their trophy and walked off. I then felt Finn's massive arms wrap around me and spin me around. Everything then became in normal time and I heard the cheering of everyone. Mr. Schuester was handed the trophy and we all screamed at the top of our lungs. Finn put me down and I hugged every one of us.

We headed out to the main area at the entrance of the auditorium and took pictures. I leaned up against a post and watched Rachel as teens and kids alike came up to her with a a picture of all of us and a sharpie. She took out a booklet of stickers and placed them after her name, a signature Rachel Berry move. I crossed my arms and smiled, watching her face light up with excitement. She looked at me and mouthed 'oh my god!'. I mouthed back 'you go girl!' with a big grin. I then looked over to my left and saw Finn being swarmed by a bunch of girls and boys, sorting from different ages. I laughed as I saw him lean down and kiss one of the girls on the cheek, making the other girls scream. I grabbed a picture of us the workers had printed out for autographs and walked over to him. "Excuse me Mr. Hudson. Can I have an autograph?." I asked as I held my picture out. "Of course you can." His dimples appeared.

"To whom do I make it out to?" He propped his knee up. "Camileon." He signed it in cursive and gave it back to me. "How does it feel to be something to all those little girls and boys?" I looked at them as they showed their parents their autographs. "It feels weird. Did anyone come up to you?" He asked, using his spit to try to wipe off sharpie stains from his hand. "Nope. Not important I guess." I shrugged. "Hey, your time will come." He rubbed my back. As he did, a little girl came up to him. "Will you sign this?" She stood on her tip toes with the picture. "Of course." He softly took it. He bent down on his feet and signed it. "Is that your girlfriend?" She pointed to me. I felt myself blush as Finn looked back at me and smiled. "No, just a really close friend of mine." Finn laughed halfway through.

She gave him a tiny hug before running off. He got back up and looked around. "What now?" He asked. "Wanna do an encore for everyone? I saw a drumset back stage." Finn grinned and got on top of the table. He cupped his hands around his mouth. "Hey everyone!" He yelled. The room for quiet and everyone turned to him. "The New Directions will be performing and encore song in the auditorium in fifteen minutes. If you'd like to see it, please head there now!" And just like that, the entrance way was cleared into the auditorium. We all met up and agreed on a song.

Camila: I wish I found some better sounds no one's ever heard, I wish I had a better voice that sang some better words, I wish I found some chords in an order that is new, I wish I didn't have to rhyme every time I sang, I was told when I get older all my fears would shrink, But now I'm insecure and I care what people think.

All: My name's 'Blurryface' and I care what you think. My name's 'Blurryface' and I care what you think.

I looked back at Finn who was pounding on the drums. He rocked his head back and forth and kicked the bottom of the drum.

Angie: Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days, When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out. Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days, When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

All: We're stressed out.

Finn: We used to play pretend, give each other different names, We would build a rocket ship and then we'd fly it far away, Used to dream of outer space but now they're laughing at our face, Saying,

All: "Wake up, you need to make money." Yo.

Sam: We used to play pretend, give each other different names, We would build a rocket ship and then we'd fly it far away, Used to dream of outer space but now they're laughing at our face, Saying,

All: "Wake up, you need to make money." Yo.

Everyone was on their feet, kids rocking out with each other in the isle ways. The auditorium wasn't all the way full, but it was enough to feel like a party.

All: Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days, When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out. Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days, When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

Puck: Used to play pretend, used to play pretend, bunny. We used to play pretend, wake up, you need the money

Artie: Used to play pretend, used to play pretend, bunny. We used to play pretend, wake up, you need the money

All: We used to play pretend, give each other different names, We would build a rocket ship and then we'd fly it far away, Used to dream of outer space but now they're laughing at our face, Saying, "Wake up, you need to make money." Yo.