Him

Carol stayed behind to eat with Quinn. I stopped by the ICU waiting room and grabbed my other belongings that the police gave to Mr. Schuester along with a guitar from Sam, him knowing it would soothe me while I stayed here. I headed up to the thirty-second floor and looked for his room number. I managed to find it, and stopped dead in my tracks. I found it hard to move my hand to the knob and pull it. Just through the door, Finn was there. Luckily, a nurse was about to go in. I showed her my ID on my chest and followed her in, gripping the handle of my tank as hard as I could.

And there he was.

Frail couldn't describe how he looked. A tall, muscular guy who had a perfect olive tan skin color was pale and fragile, a very rare sight. I trembled as I walked slowly to the other side of the room, away from the door. He had three tubes going down his throat and a oxygen tube just like mine wrapped around his face. He chest had a violet, red tint to it. The middle of it had a huge piece of gauze over it followed by more layers with it, where the bullet was removed. His hand and crook of the elbow had an iv in it, taped over with medical tape and a piece of cloth. I'd never seen so many machine in my life. I watched as the nurse pulled a blue liquid in a vial out of her pocket. She opened the iv bag that was connected to his elbow and began to pour it in. I watched the blue liquid slowly travel down the long winding tube and into his arm, making the vein pop out just a bit. She smiled to me and nodded, thus turning around and leaving.

I set my backpack on the couch that was built into the wall under the large window, over looking downtown Cincinnati. I set the guitar next to the wall and grabbed a chair that was sitting at a desk. I slowly pulled it up, then taking a seat. I rubbed my knees and looked at Finn, his freckles appearing from his face. "Hey Finnster." I whispered, managing a crooked smile from my face. The only response I got was the puff of air shooting through a tube and down his throat. "I'm sorry I didn't bring anything. The gift shop closed at nine and I just got my wallet back, which probably has no money in it." Once again, more air. "You look good! I know you'd want your hair to look amazing at this moment." I chuckled.

I watched his chest slowly rise and fall to the rythm of the oxygen being pumped into his chest. "When you wake up, I promise I'll get you the barbecue wings from that restraunt. I actually want to try them myself. But I swear if they are spicy, I'm gonna kick your ass." I joked, praying for a response. "Did you know I'm gonna be staying here until Sunday? My aunt put me in as your sister in the computer so I can stay with you. I'm gonna be on the floor next to you." I looked down at my phone and saw it was still paused on spotify. I got up and grabbed the guitar from the wall. I sat down and tuned it.

"You always tell me you love hearing me play." My eyes began to fill with tears as I trembled again. I couldnt hold them back anymore. Seeing him like this made me a mess. "And when I was coming back from the station, I was listening to your Playlist you linked to my phone. There was a song that reminded me of what I wanted us to be, but since you love Quinn, it's just an idea." Tears streamed down my cheek. "Since you'll be in here for a while, you'll need entertainment, right?"

Camila: I had a dream the other night. About how we only get one life. Woke me up right after two, stayed awake and stared at you, so I wouldn't lose my mind.

I let out a small sob before clearing my throat and continued to quietly strum

Camila: And I had the week that came from hell. And yes I know that you could tell. But you're like the net under the ledge, when I go flying off the edge, you go flying off as well.
And if you only die once I wanna die with, you got something I need. In this world full of people there's one killing me. And if we only die once, I wanna die with you. You got something I need. In this world full of people there's one killing me. And if we only die once, I wanna die with you.

"Fuck." I mummbled, looking away as my tears streamed more.

Camila: I know that we're not the same. But I'm so damn glad that we made it to this time, this time, now, yeah. You got something I need. Yeah in this world full of people there's one killing me. And if we only die once I wanna die with you

I looked at Finn, who laid in the same position. No movement, no nothing.

Camila: You got something I need. In this world full of people there's one killing me. And if we only die once, I wanna die with you. You got something I need. In this world full of people there's one killing me. And if we only die once, I wanna die with you.

I remembered the first time I met Finn. He was awkward and funny. He kept pointing out how red my chest was, making it turn even more darker. I then remembered him getting drunk for the first time, how he grinded up on the staircase and tried eating the shot glasses. I remembered when we shared hot cheetos the day before I found out he liked Finn. His smile, his clap when he laughed, his everything.

Camila: If we only live once I wanna live with you.

I dropped the guitar on the floor and let my head fall to his bedside, my forehead laying onto the matress. "I want you to live." I cried hard while I held myself. The cries and the machines were the only thing I heard for the rest of the night.