The Picture

"I can't believe we've gotten through one semester." I looked to Finn. He was pressing the buttons on his calculator with a confused looked washed all over his face. I leaned over the table and rolled my eyes. It wasn't even on. I grabbed it and turned it on, then handing it back to him. "Thanks.. yeah me either. Football was fun, but now it's time for basketball." I began filling out the equations on my paper as I noticed under my eyelashes, Finn was staring at my binder. "Why are you so obsessed with Paris?" He asks, turning his head and smiling at me. I looked up at him. "Do you wanna know?" I asked setting my pencil down. "I'd love to." He grinned, putting his pencil down as well. I felt myself get excited as I pulled my binder in front of me.

"On my 8th birthday, my mom got me a huge painting of Paris at night and surprised me when I woke up by hanging it on my wall while I was asleep. And I fell in love with it and it's just grown on me since. The food, the music, the culture, everything about it is so appealing to me." I felt my self zone out in explanation. "Have you ever gone?" Finn asked, sliding the binder across the table to him. He turned it around and viewed the pictures I had printed out. "No, and I don't think I ever will be able to. I'm terrified of planes and boats." I shook the feeling from my shoulders. "It's fascinating hearing you talk about your dreams. Usually I'm not a soft guy, but something about you talking about everything in life is relaxing." Finn looked me directly in my eyes. "Thank you. It's nice to know someone will actually listen to me." I side smiled as the bell rang.

"Now let's go to glee club and get the assignment finished up. It's the last one this year!" I grabbed my binder and walked out with Finn. "I need to get Rachel a Christmas gift." He rolled his eyes. "What does that have to do with the assignment?" I asked as we turned the corner. "She has me thinking about it 24/7 all this week. How am I supposed to get a girl something when she has everything!" He held his arms out in front him. "Maybe you should get her a bracelet. Then on holidays or whenever, you can get her a charm to add onto it." I shrugged as we turned another corner. "Hey, that's not a bad idea, thanks." He looked down to me. "But make sure you go get it tonight because tomorrow is the last day, then we're off until January!" I chuckled as I stopped in front of the Glee club door. I waited for Finn to go in for a few minutes before walking in myself. I sat down in my seat as Rachel latched onto Finn.

"Alright! So today we are going to do our last highlight song that will me coming from Mrs. Rachel Berry!" Mr. Schuester explains as he shut the door and walked to us. Rachel got up along with Brittany and Tina and stood in front of everyone. "This should be good." Puck leaned back into his seat. "For my song, I'd like to dedicate it to FinnyBear. Because he is my one and only and I love him a lot. He is my highlight of this year." She explains, glaring at me every once in a while. I sighed and leaned back into my chair, crossing my legs and folding my hands in my lap.

Rachel: It's been said and done. Every beautiful thought's been already sung. And I guess right now here's another one, so your melody will play on and on, with the best of 'em. You are beautiful, like a dream come alive, incredible. A centerfold, miracle, lyrical, you saved my life again. And I want you to know baby.

All: I, I love you like a love song, baby. I, I love you like a love song, baby. I, I love you like a love song, baby

Brittany and Tina: And I keep hitting re-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat

All: I, I love you like a love song, baby. I, I love you like a love song, baby. I, I love you like a love song, baby

Brittany and Tina: And I keep hitting re-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat

Rachel: Constantly, boy, you played through my mind like a symphony. There's no way to describe what you do to me, you just do to me, what you do. And it feels like I've been rescued, I've been set free, I am hypnotized by your destiny. You are magical, lyrical, beautiful, you are... And I want you to know baby.

All: I, I love you like a love song, baby. I, I love you like a love song, baby. I, I love you like a love song, baby

Brittany and Tina: And I keep hitting re-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat

All: I, I love you like a love song, baby. I, I love you like a love song, baby. I, I love you like a love song, baby

Brittany and Tina: And I keep hitting re-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat

Rachel: I love you, I love you....like a love song...

I, and everyone else, clapped for her. Finn got up and embraced her in a hug. As they kissed, a loud wave of laughter filled the halls and carried itself into our room. We all looked around confusingly and we got up. "No guys sit down." Mr. Schuester instructed us. But then the laughter became louder and echoed the room. He himself got up with us and we wallked out. As soon as I stepped out, everyone turned and stared at me, laughing and pointing. I felt myself turn red and I began to shake. What was going on?
The isle way cleared and I saw directly in front of me. The pathway was clear to the bulletin board. And I had seen clearly what they were laughing at. My heart sank as I felt myself become pale

It was a picture that was taken 2 years ago when I was 14. I was in a 2 piece swim suit the exposed my hips and belly. I had tiny stretch marks with acne all over my face. I had Harry Potter glasses on and my hair was crooked because I cut it myself. At the bottom of the poster was the words. 'Who wants to date me?'

"Damn she still got that belly on her." I heard someone say. Another said "Maybe we could donate that grease in her hair to McDonald's. Probably why she was and still is fat." I felt tears form in my eyes and I bolted down the hall to the bulletin board and ripped the picture down. Everyone's laughs only got louder as I saw Finn looking at me. He reached out for my arm but I turned around quickly. I felt tears run down my face as I ran down the hallway and away from everyone.

Once I could only hear my shoes clicking and my sobs, I stopped and wiped my burning eyes from the mascara causing it. I covered my mouth and cried as I threw the poster away, ripping it into shreds. I crossed my arms and headed towards the doors to exit this stupid school. As I did, I passed by Sue's office. I stared in and looked at her. I knew what I had to do. "Ms. Sylvester?" I asked, my voice trembling. She took her glasses off and looked up at me from her newspaper.

"I need to talk to you." I shut the door behind me as I entered her office.