Glee Camp

"I love you, have fun, and be careful." Aunt Julie said as we pulled up to the entrance trail. "I will, remember, I won't have service until Sunday." I unbuckled my seatbelt. "I know, have fun!" She waved at me once I got out of the car. She then pulled away and I turned back to the trail. I fixed the strap of my bag on my shoulder before following the other crowd of people into the woods. After a few minutes of walking, the woods cleared and revealed a huge area. Dead in the middle was a stage with wooden seats in rows in front of it. All around the area was hundreds of cabins, side by side. There were trails leading to huge mess halls behind the stage.

I kept walking to the bigger crowd of people in front of the stage. I squeezed through everyone and found the other Glee members, and Finn was with them. "Look who showed up." I grinned standing next to him. "Who?" He looked around confusingly. "You!" I chuckled. The microphone began squeaking as a man and a women began to speak. "Hello everyone, and welcome to Glee Camp!" Everyone cheered and clapped. "This is camp for everyone to come together as one after competitions and just have fun with singing!" The man spoke. "First off, we'd like to congratulate the New Directions from Lima for winning the National Championship!" I turned red as everyone whooped and hollered around us.

"Each cabin has a number outside of it. When you register at the tables next to the stage, you will be given your number. All clubs and groups will have cabins next to each other, so you won't have to worry about being separated from any of your friends. Also, you will be given your work day at the construction site." "Wait, what construction site?" I whispered to Matthew. "Each year they build something to add on to the camp. And each group has to at least put in one day of work there to make up for coming to camp for free. It's actually pretty fun." He shrugged. I turned my attention back to the stage and they continued. "Curfew is midnight for everyone. Fridges are stocked for everyone in their kitchens. As for the kids, your counselors will come and take you to the mess hall at certain times for meals." "That's about it, everyone please head over to the tables located next to the stage to sign in and get your schedules for the week and handbook."

It felt like an hour before we made it to the table. I was given my camp badge and my schedule. Tomorrow was my work day with everyone at the construction site. Then Friday was our day to watch over the kids at the arts and crafts hall since we are old enough to be considered as adults here. Seems simple.

My cabin number was three. Everyone disappeared to their cabins, a bunch of others walked the grounds or found something to do. I walked into my cabin and found Quinn and Tina there. "Are we in the same cabin?" Quinn asked. "Apparently." I shrugged. "Thank god." Tina praised. Me and Tina took the two bedrooms downstairs while Quinn took the one upstairs. I unpacked my things and explored the cabin. "Looks like I can't bring any boys up here." Quinn looked down from the open balcony upstairs. It was over looking the downstairs, so her bedroom was completely opened. I looked up and laughed with her. She came down and we all headed out to look around. We found ourselves at the main stage, and Finn was of course playing on the drums. I climbed up the stairs and walked on to it. "Why did I know you'd be doing this?" I crossed my arms.

"Well considering I can only sing one time here, I think I'll fill my time with the drums." He stopped playing. I frowned and looked around. "This place is so big." I watched people jumping into the lake. "I know, just to think we beat all of the teenagers here at Sectionals blows my mind." He looked with me. "Do you think they hate us?" "Nah, this camp is supposed to be about all of us being friends and not pulling any grudge from competitions with us." We both got off the stage and started walking to the lake where most of everyone was. "I'm excited. It feels nice to disconnect from the internet and just take in nature." "Not gonna lie, I already miss my xbox." Finn sighed, slipping his hands into his pockets. We walked to the dock that no one was on and sat down. "So what do you plan on doing while you're here?" I asked. "Maybe just relax, listen to others, have fun. I plan on singing Saturday when everyone is partying." He looked down at the water.

"I am definitely looking forward to that." I smiled to him. He looked at me and smiled too. I turned back to the water and watched everyone swimming, dancing to the music blasting from the speakers, and some bursting our singing with each other. "I'd never thought in a million years I'd end up here, a National Championship in my hands, amazing friends, singing almost everyday, and sitting at Glee Camp." "That's what you get for letting yourself have a chance. Mr. Schue gave me a chance when I thought I didn't have one, and look at me." I watched two guys help throw another guy into the lake off of their knees. "Wish I'd brought swimsuit, it is hot." I wiped my forehead. "You don't need one." I heard Finn say. The next thing I knew, Finn got up. He picked me up and I started screaming. I pounded on his back with my fists as he took a running start. He jumped in with me draped over his shoulder and I rose to the surface. "FINN!" I yelled at him. He was cracking up laughing as I splashed him with water.

This week was gonna be amazing.