The Truth

Camila: Growing distance, free of explanation. We're getting deeper in this mess, take careful contemplation. I'd rather be spitting blood, than have this silence fuck me up.

It was midnight. Carol was in the cafeteria eating dinner after I convinced her I'd be okay alone.

Camila: This separation, time and space between us. For some revelation, you didn't care to discuss. I'd rather be black and blue, than accept that you withdrew.

I sat criss cross in the chair and looked up at Finn, softly strumming the guitar. His color was coming bsck, but it wasn't fully there.

Camila: Aaah, just tell me. Say anything. Anything hurts less than the quiet.

His freckles gave me chills. They never seemed to disappear.

Camila: Just tell me, say anything, anything hurts less than the quiet.

God I loved Finn. I thought this song fitted my mood at the moment. But maybe I should've let Quinn be up here instead of me...

Camila: Used to give each other the world, every bit. I used to be the one you'd come to, when it'd all go to shit. Now I'm left here in the dust, with the taste of broken trust.

What if Finn wakes up and I'm not the one he wants to see? What if he's upset that he's looking at me instead of Quinn?

Camila: And I don't wanna walk away, but you left me no choice. Only talking to myself here, now you've muffled your voice. I'd rather have broken bones, than feel myself turn to stone. Aaah, just tell me, say anything. Anything hurts less than the quiet

Carol eventually walked in. I got up from the seat and sat in the window sill. I looked up at the stars as she sat down next to Finn and got on her laptop.

Camila: Just tell me, say anything. Anything hurts less than the quiet.

A knock came from the door. I walked over and opened it to reveal my Aunt and another doctor. I stepped outside of the door with her and took the bag of clothes she handed me while the other went in. "Hey." She smiled, softly rubbing my non wounded cheek. "Hi." I smiled. "I'm off and I'm gonna go home. Are you sure you want to stay?" Aunt Julie asks as she let's go of me. "Yeah, I'll be okay." I nodded. She kissed my forehead and hugged me before getting into the elevator. I walked back in and the nurse walked out with the tubes that were down Finn's throat. I went to the bathroom and looked at Finn before shutting the door; he only had the tube around his nose and his mouth was shut. I flicked the light on and grinned to myself, happy that he was recovering. For the first time in about four days, I looked at myself in the mirror.

I was tired, and the purple bags under my eyes showed it. I knew I had cried alot because my tear ducts were still busted from crying. My hair was still clean from the shower I toke yesterday and it seemed thicker. My eyes were almost bloodshot. My cheek had an assortment of different colors surrounding my gauze. I looked pretty dead, but I didn't care. I slipped into the tshirt and shorts and kept my fluffy boots on. I put my dirty clothes in the bag and set them next to my stuff.

"Can I tell you something?" Carol said randomly. I froze and looked at her. "Yeah." I nodded. She sat on the opposite side of his bed and I sat in the regular seat next to his. "You know you can hold his hand." She looked at his next to mine. I stared down at it, following the iv lines going in and out of it. I softly grabbed it and jumped from how warm it was. I caressed it and looked at Carol. "Finn does love you." "No, he loves Quinn." I almost bursted out laughing from the thought. "No, he doesn't. It's a hoax." I looked up at her and slightly tightened my grip on Finn's hand. "He's afraid to say anything. With Rachel he just agreed to everything. But one night at dinner he just let his feelings out, going on and on about how he doesn't know how to express his feelings. He's only doing this with Quinn because he doesn't know what to do. He thinks that this will somehow show you he loves you."

I felt tears start forming in my eyes again. "Camila, he loves you. And he has for a while. He thinks that you are a hallucination because you're so perfect to him." That sentence right there sent me over the edge. I felt a tear stream down my face. "No one has ever talked about me like that before." I looked at Finn. "I know when he gets out, he's gonna keep doing that with Quinn. I just wanted to tell you now because I know how upset you are by it." She tilted her head and frowned. "I don't know what I'm gonna do." I shook my head, rubbing the palm of his hand with my thumb. "He doesn't think you love him back. Maybe you should spend more time with him or maybe just even tell him?" "But there's a problem there. I've never told anyone I loved them because he is my first love." She smiled and slowly blinked her eyes. "Maybe we should just let it happenen. It'll come eventually."

The thought of Finn loving me back felt amazing. I loved him, and he loved me. I'd never thought anyone love me in a million years. I thought I was the total opposite of Finn, but I guess not...

"He doesnt have a father figure to teach him about this stuff, so please be gente with his heart and I promise he'll do the same with yours" Carol got up and walked over to me. She kissed the top of my head before going to the couch and laying down. She turned on TV and began to flip through the channels quietly. I looked back up to Finn, looking at his shut eyes. "I promise you I love you back." I softly said. "You make me so freaking happy Finn." I let go of his hand and laid my head down in my arms on the side of his bed next to his hip. I listened to the tv until I felt myself drift off to sleep.

(Next Morning)

I groggily felt myself half in sleep and half out of it with my head still in my arms. It was random and probably unnecessary that I woke up, but it felt like I had slept for a century. I began to drift back off slowly and let the nice sensation fill my body.

And then, I felt someone start playing with my hair.