Mind Changing

"So this is the Rachel Berry dream everyone tells me about." I smiled as Rachel shut the door behind us. I rolled my suitcase over to the corner of her room and looked around. "Yes indeed. It took me forever to figure it out but now I have." Rachel looked at her photo wall. I stood next to her and looked. There were only a few pictures since we just had started highschool this year, but there were also pictures of Barbra Streisand, Marilyn Monroe, and Fanny Brice hanging from string lights that were printed on Polaroids.

"This is very impressive Rachel." I looked to her. She stood silently looking at the wall until she snapped out of her daze. "Okay! So since sectionals is less than a week away, and you've never competed before, I'm going to teach you the Berry way to make sure you're in tip top shape for the competition." She clapped her hands together. I sat on the bed as she opened her closet doors. She pulled out a pair of golden heels. "These are my replica shoes of Fanny Brice's when she was in Funny Girl." She explained walking over to me and setting them in my lap. "I want you to wear these all night until we go to bed." Rachel walked back over to her closet and grabbed a pair of shoes for herself.

"Um Rachel, I've worn heels once, and that was at my halloween party.." I raised an eyebrow at her. "That's the point! We have to wear heels at our competitions. I'm pretty sure you don't want to look like Sam when he strip dances in his free time when we are up there on stage." Rachel slid on her shoes and so did I. I used the poles of her bed to help me up as I wobbled around. I grunted as I tried taking a step. "Okay now try singing." She crossed her arms. I let out a note and my voice croaked as I wobbled. I finally got what her point was. If I didn't practice in heels, I would mess up my singing at sectionals and cost us all. If I did, I'd learn how to control my balance and not to croak at all.

I smiled to her. "What now Mrs. Berry?" I asked. She grabbed a book from her bookshelf and placed it on to my head. "My dads would make me do this when I got into singing. You have to straighten your back to balance the book. To get the perfect note out, you have to automatically stand up straight. This will help." She pushed my back up some until I stood up straight. "I feel like a princess." I held my hands out to the sides of me and walked her room with her. "That's the point!" She laughed. We kept walking around until I finally got the hang of it. "I must say Rachel, you're pretty smart." I looked at her taking the book off my head. She smiled and grabbed the books and put them back. "Well everyone thinks by now I'm only helping people because I want to win. Which is true, but also because I have a soft side besides competitiveness." She sighed and looked through a drawer next to her bed.

"I can tell you now that you are very nice, Rachel. I don't see how people can't see that." I looked to her. "You kind of get used to it after a while." She handed me a piece of sheet music. "Maybe one day, since you're teaching me how to do this, I can teach you how to let more of your soft side out." I looked over the music. "Yeah, that would be great." She smiled to me once again.

Rachel is very beautiful girl. Her walnut skin always glows whenever she is around the perfect lighting. Her eyes are perfectly round and the right shade of brown. Her hair is wavy with a glossy shine to it. It frames her face and makes her a petite young teenager. She's like one of those people that you meet once in your life and then you never meet someone like her ever again. More like a one-of-a-kind person.

"So this is a song that will help strengthen your vocal cords. Every night I do vocal warm ups for one hour straight." Rachel walked over to her ipod doc. "That doesn't sound good for your throat and vocal chords Rachel! What if you strain them?" I asked. "I never do. I have perfectly thick chords. That's what my doctor always tells me. And plus I have to be ready for when I have my big Broadway debut one day!" She exclaimed plugging her ipod in. She hit play and walked in front of me. I adjusted my foot in my heel as I swayed to the beat.

Rachel: Eyes make their peace in difficulties, with wounded lips and salted cheeks. And finally we step to leave, to the departure lounge of disbelief

Camila: And I don't know where I'm going but I know it's gonna be a long time. And I'll be leaving in the morning come the white wine bitter sunlight

Both: Wanna hear your bea-...ting heart tonight. Before the blee-...ding sun comes alive. I want to make the best of what is left, hold tight. And hear my bea-...ting heart one last time

Rachel: Before day light...........

Camila: I can't face this now everything has changed. I just wanna be by your side, here's hoping we collide

Rachel: Here's hoping we collide....

I took a deep breathe in and just let it all out

Camila: Here's hoping we cooooolllllliiiiiidddddeeee........

Rachel looked to me and continued on as we dances around the room.

Both: Wanna hear your bea-...ting heart tonight. Before the blee-...ding sun comes alive. I want to make the best of what is left, hold tight. And hear my bea-...ting heart one last time

I looked at Rachel and she cheered, walking over to me and hugging me. "That was so good!" "That was as lot of note changing for one song." I laughed sitting down in one of her bean bag chairs. "That was the point, you exercised your vocal chords and tones. And I got to hear you in every note possible." Rachel grinned. Me and her relaxed as a knock came from the door.

"I heard some beautiful singing and just had to stop by." Her father poked his head in. "Hi daddy." Rachel smirked walking over and hugging him. "Hi Mr. Berry! I waved. "Oh you must be Camila!" He realized. "Yes that's me." I nodded in agreement. I shook his hand before standing next to Rachel. "Ah! I see you're learning the Berry way." He looked at our feet. "Yes she is and she is doing an amazing job." Rachel turned to me. "Well your father ordered take out for you two if you guys get hungry any time tonight. Me and him will be in the bedroom if you need us." He left shutting the door.

We played another song before wobbling down her steps and into the kitchen to eat. She finally agreed to take the heels off with me before heading back upstairs. We slipped into our pajamas and took turn braiding each others hair for the night. As I did Rachel's hair, she explained everything about her hopes and her dreams.

Rachel Berey is very inspiring. I'm glad I didn't hesitate to come over because I thought about doing it. I was wrong about Rachel. I thought she was nice, but self centered. But truth be told, she's not anywhere near self centered. She is intelligent, beautiful, kind, and mezmorizing. Finn is very lucky to have someone like her to help out when things get rough. I'll be happy to go back to school Monday and call Rachel Berry one of my best friends.